CHAPTER 24 - Master plan

Days passed. But we couldn't find a way to expose Dev. All plan seemed to be flawed. He didn't even make a single mistake.

   'How are we going to make Avi and R reunite?' Anika sighed.

   'We will soon find a way baby' Karan replied. Karan came to drop Anika I invited him in. So we three were having a cup of tea together.

   'How clever of him!! He made Avi believe that there was something wrong in Anika bathroom pipe. He made him look through it. But Anika was not there inside the bathroom then. He took video of Avo, making it look like he is peepman. Then he shoot Anika coming out of her bathroom. He combined both of these wisely and showed it to Rith. That clever bastard!!' I mused.

   The more I thought about it the more it seemed impossible to prove it.

   'Suhu, where are you going?' Anika quizzed me.

   'I need some air' I said and I also wanted to give them some space. I went to my verandah. I looked down and some apartment kids were playing cricket.

   Suddenly I saw a car. It was not some car. It was Rith's car. The door opened and Dev came out.

   'Oh my god! If he saw Karan here. Then everything will be ruined' I thought to myself. I decided to warn them.

   Just then another car stopped near him. It too seemed familiar. I waited for the door to open.

   To my amazement, Shila came out of the car. She stopped Dev and spoke to him something. He seemed tensed seeing her. He dragged her to the parking area.

   I didn't even waste a minute. I dashed out of my flat and reached the parking area.

   Dev and Shila seemed to engage in some Fury conversation. I hid behind a pillar.

   'I urgently need money. That's why I am pressing you' Shila said.

   'I can give you 5000Rs. But 10,000 is not acceptable. I don't have that much money with me now' Dev said.

   'You said you will pay me anytime when you came to me for the favor. Now you are not keeping up your word' Shila sulked.

   'I have been following my word till now. I don't have money right now. Give me four days time. I will give you want you want' Dev pleaded her.

   'No. I will give you two days time. Or else you will face the consequence' Shila warned him.

   She went out leaving behind a helpless Dev. Later Dev too drove his car and went away.

   'Karan, check whether Avi is in his home' I asked him.

   'Suhu where did you go all of a sudden?' Anika asked me.

   I narrated the full story to them in short.

   'There is definitely something fishy between Shila and Dev. We have to go to the bottom of this' Karan said.

   'Yes, for that we need Avi's help. Call and ask him about his whereabouts' I replied.

   Within half an hour time we reached Avi's house.

   'Please keep your left leg first and come inside the house' Avi said looking at me.

   First I was confused. Later I realised it was the first time I am coming to his house.

   'Very thoughtful of you' I smiled and was about to keep my leg.

   'One minute' Avi stopped me. Then he came and stood beside me.