CHAPTER 15 - ADITI

‘Where the hell were you this whole evening?’ Anika shouted at me as soon as I entered.

   ‘I was with…’ I stopped as I saw Dev in my flat. Then only I remembered that we had a fight.

   ‘I need some time alone with angel. So anika if you don’t mind?’ Dev said and Anika went to her room.

   ‘Sit down angel’ We both sat on the couch.

   ‘Dev actually..’ I started but he signaled me to keep quiet.

   ‘I am sorry for my behavior today evening. I guess I over reacted’ Dev apologized. I was a bit surprised.

   ‘Dev I..’ again I was stopped.

   ‘Let me finish angel’ his voice was even softer.

   ‘I loved you for a long time. But I know it is not easy to see your bestfriend as your boyfriend. It will take some time. I should have known this before. I promise I will not fight with you again. I don’t know how you felt. I felt sick after speaking to you like that’ Dev said with tears filled in his eyes.

   ‘Are you mad? I didn’t feel bad. It is not a big of a deal. You don’t worry’ I hugged him.

   ‘I love you’ he whispered. I just nodded.

     ******************************

   I narrated the whole incident to Anika.

   ‘Dev loves me so much Ani. I just couldn’t give that much love to him. I feel really bad for him’ I sighed.

   ‘So you made Avinash do sit ups?’ Anika asked me amused.

   ‘Seriouly, Ani! I am feeling bad for Dev here and all you are concerned about is the sit ups’ I quizzed her.

   ‘And he actually did it?’ Anika clearly ignored my question.

   ‘Yes, he did’ I replied. Anika became silent.

   ‘What are you thinking now?’ I didn’t like her silence.

   ‘I have known him for sometime, Suhu. He is a person who likes to keep his head up all the time’ Anika said.

   ‘I knew it too, Ani. I guess that this was the first time he actually came near the point of apologizing’ I replied.

   ‘This is what is confusing me’ Anika said.

   ‘Why are you confused?’ seriously I am getting irritated here.

   ‘The way you act around Avinash and the way he acts around you. It is weird. Don’t you see it. Avinash is doing things which he would never do for anyone. And you…you are so relaxed when he is around. You can’t deny this, because you too feel it’ Anika replied.

   She was not completely wrong. He is an arrogant ass but not to me. He never had hurt me. In fact, he tries his level best not to hurt me.

   I, on the other hand, must agree that I behave differently around him. His presence gives peace to my heart. I feel happy when I see his calm face. When I see his anger, I feel troubled. When I see his pain, it hurts me too. What the hell is happening to me?

   ‘Suhu, I can sense your confusion. But only you know what your heart truly needs. Whom your heart feels for? Dev or Avinash? I think it’s high time you decide it yourself’ Anika said.

     **************************

   ‘I can’t believe that we are leaving tomorrow for our trip’ Pappu jumped in excitement. We were in the college canteen.