Chapter 16

'Holy shit.' Lauren said, stumbling and landing on the floor of the Barnes' basement. A few of the others had trouble with their landing, Christina still pretty much passed out on the floor.

'What was that?' Amy asked as she looked around.

'Just a little teleportation spell we have in our coven. Some of you might feel a bit woozy.' Natalie said, walking over to their mothers coffin. 'Now, Lisa. What do you need to bring her back?' Lisa looked at her, shocked.

'How many times do I have to tell you, I am not a necromancer!' Lisa yelled. 'Get it through your thick head already!' Natalie narrowed her eyes at Lisa for a moment, before shooting a bolt of electricity at Katherine. Luckily she put her new power to use and deflected the bolt up into the ceiling, a few chunks of wood crashing down around her.

'Jesus Christ.' Natalie said. 'Lucy, can you take care of that.' She motioned to Katherine and Lucy started to drain her. Katherine felt the effect and began to feel weaker. Luckily, this meant that Lucy had lost control of Christina, whose eyes fluttered open and closed a few times. Lauren looked down at her and was about to speak when Christina motioned for her not to. Lauren nodded in understanding and just sat vigil by her side.

'Stop it Lucy.' Kate yelled, but she was ignored by both of her sisters.

'Lisa we don't have all day here.' Natalie said.

'I don't care, we could have all the time in the world, there's no way I can bring her back.' Lisa repeated. Natalie didn't even respond before sending Dani crashing into the wall, electricity shooting from her hands.

'Dan!' Lauren yelled as Amy ran over to her. There was a burn on her collar bone and blood coming from somewhere on her head as Amy got to her.

'I'm okay.' Dani panted, letting Amy pull her out of the debris.

'You're not okay.' Amy corrected.

'Holy shit that hurt.' Dani said, sitting on the ground by Katherine as Amy began to heal her wounds.

'Stop hurting them.' Lisa said aggressively, taking a step forwards.

'Bring our mother back.' Natalie said. 'Then I'll stop.' Lisa ran a hand through her hair and looked to Lucy.

'Don't you get what I'm saying? I can't.' Lisa said.

'Just try.' Lucy said. Lisa took a few more steps towards the coffin and looked inside. There was a corpse, so decomposed she couldn't tell who it was supposed to be.

'I can't see your mother's ghost. That means she's moved on. There may not even be a spirit to put back in her body it's been so long.'

'Necromancers don't need the spirit to be there.' Natalie said.

'Yeah, but I'm not a necromancer.' Lisa said once again. 'I feel like we're going around in a really shitty circle where you aren't listening to me!' Lisa yelled. Natalie was angered by this and sent another bolt of electricity. Luckily Amy was able to dive out of the way and take Dani down with her. Lisa looked back in anger and turned on Natalie. Meanwhile, Christina was trying to make some energy appear in her hand. It kept flickering on and off like the forcefield did when it was failing. She needed more energy so she linked her hand with Lauren's and closed her eyes.

'I'm only going to ask you nicely once more Lisa.' Natalie said.

'This is you being nice?' Lisa asked sarcastically. Natalie let her anger get the better of her, and a bolt of electricity was sent at Lisa, hitting her in the stomach and sending her to the ground. The bolt ripped through her side and left her in agony on the ground.