Chapter 2

Katherine was pulling her coat on to go and pick up Amy from work when Dani came down the stairs, still dressed and reaching for her coat. 'Hey Dan, it's late. What are you doing?' Katherine wondered.

'I'm coming with you to get Amy.' Dani told her as she pulled her coat over her shoulders.

'Alright, any particular reason?' Katherine asked.

'No, I just couldn't sleep and wanted something to do.' Dani smiled.

'Uh-huh.' Katherine eyed her suspiciously and Dani faltered under her gaze.

'Fine.' Dani sighed. 'I just don't want you going out alone. It's late and dark and there could be an evil brainwashing demon out there. I have an active power now, why not put it to good use?'

'Aww thanks Dan.' Katherine bumped her shoulder. 'You do know brainwashing humans is a lot easier than brainwashing witches. So the likelihood of him picking a witch over a human is slim at best.' Katherine said, Dani staring at her.

'No, I didn't know that.' Dani admitted. 'But I'm awake now so let's go.' Dani said, heading out the door.

Xxxxxx

They pulled up in front of the hospital about half an hour later, Katherine stopping in the drop off bay. She took her phone out and messaged Amy to let her know they were outside. 'I always message her so that she doesn't have to leave the building and stand outside in the cold.'

'Good idea.' Dani agreed, looking out over the dimly lit parking lot and the front of the large hospital main building. 'Why do hospitals creep me out so much?' Dani wondered aloud.

'Because they are unfamiliar.' Katherine said. 'When was the last time you were in one?'

'It must have been when Lisa broke her arm. We were riding our bikes down the street and she hit the curb wrong, landed on her elbow. I remember walking down the halls with Christina searching for her.'

'I remember that too. So you haven't been in one since you were twelve?' Katherine thought back to that day.

'That's correct.' Dani confirmed as she saw Amy coming out of the hospital. 'There she is.' Dani pointed her out to Katherine. Amy pulled open the back door and got into the car.

'It's so cold out there.' She said, rubbing her hands together and enjoying the warmth of the car. 'Thanks for getting me.'

'No problem.' Katherine smiled into the mirror at her.

'Hey Dan, didn't expect you.' Amy said, putting on her seatbelt.

'Nice to see you too Amies.' Dani said sarcastically.

'Dani was worried about me coming alone.' Katherine informed her. 'We have a new demon to tell you about.'

'Great.' Amy sighed. Katherine put the car in gear and headed for home.

Xxxxxx

The next morning they were all sitting around the kitchen table talking about this new demon. 'So he can go into people's minds and literally make them do anything he wants?' Amy said, shocked.

'Yeah how scary is that?' Lauren said.

'It is harder to make the power work on witches, but not impossible.' Christina reminded them. 'So we still need to be cautious. We don't know how powerful he is.'

'Did you have any luck scrying for him?' Lisa asked.

'No, you were right.' Christina admitted. 'I didn't have enough to work with.' Just then there was a knock on the door.