Chapter 10

Katherine was sitting in the kitchen the next morning drinking a mug of tea. She hadn't gotten much sleep during the night and she'd decided she was going to call Wendy. After three rings she picked up. 'Hello?'

'Hi, Wendy. It's Katherine Cimorelli.'

'Oh Katherine, how nice to hear from you.' Wendy chirped from the other end of the line.

'I'm sorry it's early.' Katherine apologised.

'Nonsense, I'm always happy to hear from you.' Katherine could hear Wendy clanking about in the kitchen. 'What can I do for you?'

'It's about Christina.' Katherine said. 'There was a fight last night, a bad one, and our healing potion is taking longer to help her. It fixed Amy no problem, but Christina had two and she still went to bed injured.' Katherine rambled. 'Could it be because she died?'

'It's certainly a possibility.' Wendy thought. 'I know that coming back from the dead lowers the body temperature, it could also effect the way she heals.'

'Is there anything we can do about it?' Katherine asked,

'Was Amy not able to heal her?' Wendy asked.

'She was too exhausted to make her power work, so not this time.'

'You could try adding goldenseal to your current healing potion.' Wendy told her. 'But you need to boil the leaves before adding them. And the rest of you should not use it, that plant has an odd reaction when fused together with other herbs, it's very odd.'

'But it'll work for Chris?' Katherine wanted to clarify.

'Yes, it should.' Wendy said confidently. 'I also have some recipes of my own that could help.'

'Thanks Wendy, but it was bad enough the last time she had to take a demonic potion.'

'I understand.' Wendy smiled down the phone. 'I haven't seen you in the shop for a while?'

'I know, we've been pretty busy recently. We will come and see you soon. How's Joseph?' Katherine asked.

'He's perfect.' Wendy beamed. 'He rolled over the other day and it was the most adorable thing I've ever seen.'

'I'm happy for you Wendy.' Katherine said.

'Thank you dear.' Wendy said. 'And I'm always here if you need me. Remember that.'

'We will.' Katherine assured her. 'Bye.'

'Goodbye.' Wendy said, hanging up the phone. Katherine sighed and lent her head in her hands as Lisa came into the room.

'You okay Kath?' Lisa asked, taking a mug from the cupboard.

'Yeah.' Katherine looked up to her. 'I just spoke to Wendy.'

'About what?' Lisa wondered, pouring coffee and sitting next to her.

'I wanted to see if she could explain why the potion isn't working on Chris very well, she thinks it's another side affect of coming back from the dead.'

'Did she have any ideas how to help?' Lisa asked.

'She offered to make another potion.' Katherine smiled.

'No way, not after last time.' Lisa said.

'That's what I told her. She also recommended a plant we could add to the existing potion. It should help her.'

'That's good.' Lisa commented as the rest of the group came into the room. Christina walked in looking perfectly healthy. Katherine and Lisa looked at her, confused.