Chapter 13

Guys!' Lisa called as she ran into to the room. 'I think I know where they're going.'

'Where?' Amy said, more enthusiastic now than she was a moment ago after her hospital search turned up nothing.

'There was a woman in her fifties who was buried in Midview Cemetery about four years ago. Her name was listed as Barnes.'

'That has to be her.' Dani said.

'Barnes is a pretty common name.' Lauren said. 'What if we go all the way there and it's a dead end?'

'What if we don't go and we lose our sisters because we didn't take the chance?' Dani said.

'So, we go.' Lisa said. 'It's about a three-hour drive.'

'Not if you let me drive.' Lauren said. 'I can do it in two and a half, maybe less.'

'Alright, did you find any helpful spells?' Lisa questioned.

'I found one to replicate Christina's shields.' Dani said. 'And there's a freezing spell, kind of like the potion but it won't turn them to stone.'

'Great, we can just freeze them, grab Kath and Chris and run.' Amy said.

'We have to assume they've neutralised Christina's powers so Dani, you're our weapon today if we need one.' Lisa said.

'Got it.' Dani said, nodding firmly.

'Alright, let's bring them home.' Amy said, standing and leading them from the room.

Xxxxxx

The van stopped again but this time Natalie turned to them. 'We're here.' She said smiling before she got out of the van and made her way to the back. The back doors were flung open moments later and sunlight streamed in. Katherine shielded her eyes whilst they adjusted. 'Out.' Natalie ordered. Lucy got out of the side door and they saw Kate standing nervously in the background. 'Now!' Natalie yelled. 'We don't have all day.'

'Come on Chris.' Katherine said, taking her arm. She lifted Christina and helped her step down from the van. Christina's knees gave out and Katherine did everything she could to keep her upright. She turned on Lucy. 'You need to ease off.' Katherine said. 'She can't even walk.'

'She's fine.' Natalie groaned. 'She's just stalling.'

'Wish I was.' Christina whispered. 'We're going to be here..... all day..... if she doesn't chill out a bit.' Christina said, clinging as hard as she could to Katherine.

'Ugh, fine.' Natalie said. 'Lucy pull back. But make sure she can't do any of that weird energy stuff.' Lucy released her power slightly and Christina felt the release immediately. She let out a relieved breath.

'Better?' Katherine asked her.

'Yeah, better.' Christina nodded, standing on her feet but still using Katherine as a support.

'We have a little walk.' Natalie said. 'And if you try anything, I'll kill one of you, got it?'

'Yeah, got it.' Katherine said, leading Christina as they followed with Lucy trailing behind them.

Xxxxxx

'Woah.' Lauren said as she was driving. The car swerved a little before she composed herself.

'What?' Lisa said, grabbing the wheel gently and looking to Lauren.

'They're back.' Lauren told them.

'Whose back?' Dani asked.

'Chris and Kath.' She said. 'I can see them.'

'You shouldn't be doing that whilst your driving!' Amy said.