Chapter 7

They had just finished cleaning up the living room. Lisa and Christina were hanging the last board over their broken windows. 'We should get more of these.' Lisa said. 'For next time.'

'I hope there isn't going to be a next time.' Christina said, sitting down on the sofa below the window.

'This is the second time we've boarded up the windows in six months, it is going to happen again.' Lisa said, sitting down heavily next to her.

'When do you think Natalie will be back?' Amy wondered, handing Lisa a mug of tea.

'Well, Katherine got her pretty bad so hopefully it'll take some time to patch her up.' Lauren said, sitting on the opposite sofa.

'Unless they have healing potions of their own.' Dani said.

'They also have to get through Lisa's barrier.' Katherine reminded them. Lisa nodded in agreement.

'So, Kath, tell me about this new power.' Christina said, sitting forward.

'It was almost like your shields, but I could still see Natalie's power moving and I could feel the heat of the fire a little. I just thought about sending it right back towards her and it worked, I had complete control over it.' Katherine told her.

'It's really cool, whatever it is.' Lauren added.

'And it's going to come in really handy.' Lisa said. 'I wonder if you can deflect any power?'

'I'm not sure.' Katherine said. 'Chris, we might need to practice.' She smiled.

'Happy to help, once this is all resolved.' Christina said. 'For now you're just going to have to wing it.'

'What are we supposed to do now though?' Dani asked. 'I feel like we're trapped in our own home.'

'We kind of are.' Lisa said.

'We have to be prepared for when they come back.' Christina said. 'Hopefully next time I won't get hit by a door and I'll be able to help.'

'Natalie literally thought we were useless.' Amy said. 'Like we couldn't do anything without you.'

'It's the way she runs her family, so she assumes we're the same.' Christina said.

'She's very wrong then.' Dani said. 'But seriously, I feel trapped.'

'Hey, I'm the claustrophobic one here.' Lauren reminded her. 'I'm managing to keep it together.'

'We get it Dan, and we'll figure out a way to stop them.' Katherine assured her. 'Why don't you and Lauren go and make us some more potions.'

 'Fine, gives me something to do.' Dani said, getting up and leading Lauren out of the room. Katherine turned to Christina after they went.

'Do you think you could beat Natalie one on one?' Katherine asked her. 'She felt pretty strong.'

'I think I can, with the amulet in me at least.' Christina said.

'But you haven't used your powers since that day in the field. And your eyes haven't turned blue since then either.' Lisa reminded her. 'We don't really know if the power is still in you.'

'Then I'll just have to hope there's a little bit left in me.' Christina said. 'Besides, who needs amulet power when you guys are getting all these new fancy powers.' She smiled.

'Not the point.' Katherine told her. 'They still aren't as offensive as yours.'

'I know.' Christina said. 'And I'll try my best.'

Xxxxxx

'Does the book have any records of witch covens fighting?' Lisa wondered. They were still sitting in the living room a little while later. Dani and Lauren had returned after their potion making session.