Chapter 8

Christina sent a blast of blue energy from her hands and into the door of the Barnes' sisters house. Nothing happened so she sent another one, and another one, until there was a small charred hole in the door. After a moment it opened. Natalie did not look pleased and Lucy was standing timidly behind her. 'What are you doing?' Natalie growled.

'I want to have that fight we talked about, you know, where you said you could beat me.' She smiled. 'Unless you're scared that is. My baby sister did hit you pretty hard.'

'She got a lucky shot in.' Natalie said, letting out a long breath. 'But my great grandmother's healing herbs have fixed me right up. I recommend you rethink this idea of yours.'

'No thanks, I'll take my chances in the fight.' Christina said firmly. Natalie turned back to Lucy.

'Wait here.' She ordered.

'But I can help.' Lucy protested.

'I said stay here.' Natalie turned on her angrily before heading down the steps towards Christina. Lucy slammed the door angrily as she went. 'You're going to regret this Christina.' Natalie said as she got about ten feet away.  

'Maybe.' Christina said before shooting energy at Natalie. Natalie sent out a ball of fire to collide with it and an explosion of red and blue sent them both to the floor, skidding backwards.

'Holy shit.' Lisa said from where she and Dani were watching from the window. Christina scrambled to her feet and began moving away from their houses and down the street in the hopes Natalie would follow. She was correct. Natalie got up, scowl on her face, and stalked after Christina down the street. Amy was following along side, staying hidden behind parked cars and bushes. Not that Natalie would notice, her tunnel vision on Christina was blinding her from anything else.

'That's our cue.' Lisa said. 'Come on Dan.' They left the building and ran across the street.

Xxxxxx

Lisa knocked on the door and a moment later it was opened by Lucy. She saw them and immediately tried to slam the door in their faces. Dani put her foot in the way and stopped her. 'Wait!' She said as the door hit her foot. 'First of all, ouch!' Dani pushed the door open. 'And we just want to talk to you so please don't drain our energy.' Lisa was standing behind Dani nodding.

'Please, Lucy.' Lisa added. 'Can we come in and talk to you?'

'One wrong move and all of your energy is mine.' Lucy said aggressively.

'Sure.' Dani said. 'Whatever, we just want to chat.' Lucy opened the door and let them in.

'What do you want?' Lucy asked, crossing her arms over her chest.

'We wanted to try and talk you out of your plan, whatever it is, before Natalie really does something she'll regret.' Dani said.

'Natalie makes the decisions.' Lucy said. 'I can't help you.'

'Why not?' Lisa asked calmly. 'You can decide what you want to do, you don't have to listen to her.'

'Yes I do, she's coven leader.'

'There's more than one way to lead a coven. Christina doesn't refer to us as a coven even though we technically are one.' Dani said.

'We're sisters first and right now Natalie isn't acting like your sister.' Lisa said. Lucy shifted nervously. 'Why did you ask me for a job?' Lisa questioned.

'Because I didn't want Natalie to be disappointed in me anymore.' Lucy said.

'I don't think that's it.' Lisa said. 'You could have gone to any of us for a job. I know Katherine needs a teaching assistant, and Christina's firm is always looking for more admin staff. I think you came to me because you want to help people, make a difference in their lives.'