Chapter 9

'Where are they?' Lauren asked, tapping her foot and looking at the clock as it passed twelve.

'It's only just gone midnight, let's give them a minute.' Dani said.

'No, Chris would have messaged if they couldn't get back.' Lisa said. Katherine nodded and stood up.

Katherine was pacing the room when phone started ringing. She looked at it and saw Christina's name flash on the screen. She smiled before answering it. 'Hey, Chris. Where are you?' She waited but didn't get a response. 'Chris?' She repeated a little louder. This got the attention of her sisters. 'Christina please answer me!' Katherine said, panicked.

'Lauren, can you find her?' Lisa suggested. Lauren nodded and closed her eyes. She thought about Christina and suddenly she was walking in a parking lot full of destroyed cars. She saw Amy first, lying motionless in the middle of the lot. Christina came into view as she looked up at the tree line, not moving with her back half pressed up against the tree and her head down. Lauren jumped back to reality breathing heavily.

'Oh God!' She said, getting up and heading towards the door. 'We have go.'

'Where? Are they okay?' Dani asked, standing with Lisa.

'No they're not.' Lauren sobbed. 'We need some healing potions.'

'Shit.' Lisa said, sprinting up the stairs and grabbing as many as she could carry.

xxxxxx

They reached the parking lot in record time, running down the road though the damp misty rain left behind from Kate's storm. 'There!' Lisa pointed as she ran towards Amy. She hurried to her side and reached for a potion whilst the others caught up.

'I can see Chris!' Dani said, motioning to the tree line.

'Take these.' Lisa said, handing her some potions before she poured one into Amy's mouth.

'What the hell happened.' Lauren asked as she looked over Amy's bloody form. Katherine had gone with Dani, who was lifting Christina's head from where it had fallen towards her chest.

'Jesus.' Dani whispered. 'Kath, can you hold her head up?'

'Yeah.' Katherine said as she took over. Dani opened a potion and poured it into Christina's mouth.

'Aimes, can you hear me?' Lisa asked as the wounds on Amy began to heal. Her eyes fluttered open shortly after.

'Lise? What happened?' Amy asked.She took Lisa's hand.

'You don't remember?' Lauren queried as they helped her to her feet.

'No, she sent Chris into a windscreen and then it all went black.' Amy said. Her eyes widened. 'Chris?'

'Over there, with Dan and Kath.' Lisa told her. 'Come on, slowly.' She took Amy's arm and led her carefully over. Dani was sitting back on her heels as Katherine kept Christina's head up, waiting for the potion to work.

'Oh my God.' Amy whispered, tears falling from her eyes as she saw the state of her sister.

'Amy, you're okay.' Katherine smiled.

'Why isn't the potion working?' Lauren asked. Christina's wounds were staying the same.

'I don't know.' Dani admitted.

'Can you give her another one?' Lisa wondered.

'No one has had two that fast before.' Dani said.

'We have to try.' Lauren said.

'Alright.' Dani agreed and poured another potion into their sister. After a moment Christina's eyes shot open and she coughed painfully. Katherine let go of her head and helped her lean over, coughing up some more blood and a little of the potion with it.