Chapter 6

They were sitting on Dani's bed in silence. Dani was kicking the side of the bed with one foot, waiting for the conversation to begin. 'I'm sorry about earlier.' Christina said. Dani stopped kicking because that wasn't what she was expecting to hear from her sister.

'Why are you sorry?' Dani asked.

'Because I stormed off, and when I went with Natalie there was a tiny part of me that was trying to prove something.' Christina said. 'I just didn't want to admit it. And you were right.' She avoided eye contact with Dani, instead playing with her sleeves as she sat cross legged on the bed. 'You were right about me wanting my case to be a demon, you were right about Natalie being bad news. So, I'm sorry I didn't listen to you.' There was more silence until Christina finally looked up at her. 'Say something.'

'I was going to apologise to you for being an asshole earlier.' Dani said. 'You were hurt and I acted like it was your fault.'

'It kind of was.' Christina said.

'No, it wasn't.' Dani sighed and shuffled over to her. 'Let's just agree that we both acted like idiots and move on.'

'Good plan.' Christina smiled.

'And you don't need to prove anything Chris, not to us.' Dani reassured her. She studied the look on Christina's face. 'What's wrong.' Christina cleared her throat before speaking.

'Natalie runs her family like a dictatorship. And she said we were alike, so I guess I just don't want it to be true. I hope you guys don't feel that way.'

'Of course not.' Dani said. 'You can be strict sometimes but we know it's because you care. So you need to forget everything that crazy bitch said, alright?'

'Yeah, thanks Dan.' Christina smiled.   

xxxxxx

Katherine came into the living room, spell book in hand, and set it down on the table. 'The book is protected.'

'What will happen if someone else touches it?' Dani asked.

'It will give them an electric shock.' Katherine smiled uncertainly. 'I think, I hope.'

'Great, love your confidence.' Dani said before Amy told them what they'd found out about Lucy.

'We couldn't really find any specific witch types that match Lucy's ability to sense power but I imagine it's similar to mine.' Amy said.

'Okay.' Christina said. 'We really need to watch our backs around these guys. I know you think Lucy is sweet but if she's doing what Natalie's telling her, then she won't be for long.'

'Can we vanquish them?' Lisa asked. 'They're not demons and mum did say it would be different fighting them.'

'Maybe we can't.' Katherine said. 'We just have to beat them in battle, that might make them go away.'

'Natalie was very confident she could beat me in a fight.' Christina said. 'She was really cocky about it so I might have to teach her a little lesson.'

'Oh, I like aggressive Christina.' Lauren grinned.

'Plus, she probably doesn't know you have amulet power.' Amy reminded her.

'That's true.' Christina agreed. Just then a crash of lightning sounded from outside.

'Kate's back.' Dani said. She got up and looked out of the window. 'It's so bad out there guys, no one's going anywhere tonight.'

'Which is probably exactly what they want.' Katherine said.

'Alright, everyone stock up on potions. And the fire extinguisher is under the sink.' Lisa reminded them.