Ch. 3: The Tutoring Session

I sat in my living room watching The Wayans Brothers as I waited for Khalil to come over. My mom didn't get off work until 9:30 PM and my step dad was still on a business trip so I'd basically be alone for a while. I got up to get some snacks when a text came in from Khalil stating that he was on his way. I left school earlier than most of my peers because they gave free last periods to all the Honor Roll Students. I could just stay in the classroom with no teacher and kill time by gossiping and playing games like the rest of the Honors students but I didn't like being at school unless I absolutely had to be. I was good in school but I hated it.

I took 2 cans of root beer and my bowl of sliced watermelon from the fridge. After gathering everything in my hands, I struggled to carry them back to the living room. About 5 minutes later, the doorbell rang and I jumped up to answer it. I was really bored most times when I was alone at home so I was excited for his company even though this was about school.

I swung the door open, "Missed me?" He asked holding up a bag from Wing Stop.

"No, but I'm hungry." I said before grabbing it from his hands and skipping to the living room couch.

"Damn. Way to bruise my ego." He said locking the front door. He followed behind me into the freshly cleaned living room and I noticed him looking around and taking in the appearance of the place. "This is a nice ass house too. Damn, I see you Miss Hollywood. Y'all doing it big. Y'all rich or something?"

I shrugged. "Kinda. My stepdad owns a record label."

He whistled in approval. "Damn. That's nice, yo." He swung his bag off his shoulder and stepped closer into the living room.

"Ah ah ah ah ah! Wait! Take off your shoes before you step on this white carpet boy." I exclaimed pointing to his feet.

He slid off his black and blue Air Jordan 1's and sat on the couch with a loud sigh. "Man, you a trip." He laughed shaking his head.

"I know." I laughed and fished through the Wing Stop bag. I took a bite of a lemon pepper wing. "I swear Wing Stop tastes so good," I closed my eyes and savored the taste.

He looked at me and shook his head. He reached for my bowl of watermelon sitting on the coffee table. I swatted his hand away. "No. Don't touch my watermelon."

"Girl, you over here just devouring MY Wings that I bought. Come on now don't be mean. Sharing is caring."

I groaned. "Fine you can have some but don't get too crazy. I don't play about my watermelon," I warned.

I let him eat while we talked and joked about anything we could think of. He tried to show me all the impressions he was supposedly good at but he totally was not. He made me laugh a lot.

"Alright, time for some Spanish amigo." I said before stuffing two ranch-dipped fries in my mouth then grabbing a root beer and taking a quick swig of it. He looked away from me and I could tell he was trying not to laugh or say some smart remark. "Leave me alone. Yes, I'm a fat ass. So what?! Nothing's wrong with that." I laughed.

"I didn't say that there was anything wrong with it." He smirked.

"Whatever, come on." I said grabbing my Spanish book and sat on the carpet with my back against the chair and patted the spot next to me.

"You gotta start from the beginning because all I know is hola and amigo." He said seriously.

"Let's start with some basics. I don't wanna scare you off. What time is it?" I asked looking at my phone. "It's 6:30 which is night so... Buenas Noches, mi amigo. Que tal?" I said quickly to throw him off a bit.

He looked at me with a straight face as I waited for his response. Then he put his index finger and thumb on his chin and stared at the ceiling pretending like he was thinking. "I don't know what the hell you just said, but you sound so sexy speaking Spanish. Say it again." He bit his bottom lip. His reaction made me get all tingly everywhere. He was just too cute.

I laughed. "No estoy jugando contigo." (I'm not playing with you.)

"You know what? Spanish can wait."

He slowly took the book from my hands and set it aside. Before I could even open my mouth to object his lips crashed into mine. My eyes widened in shock at first but it was like my lips had been longing for attention too long and they became in sync with his as I closed to my eyes. His lips were so smooth and soft and it felt amazing.

God, it felt good. I got goosebumps and my heart raced as he kissed me so passionately like he knew me for years.

Usually I didn't give in to boys I hardly knew but it was just something about him. About the things he did to me. About the way he made me feel. I've only known this dude for a couple days.

He tried deepening the kiss, asking for permission by sliding his tongue across my lips for which I did not grant him. I pulled away, resting my forehead on his as I tried to process what was happening.

He groaned. "Come on." He pleaded.

"Nooo." I whined. "Let's not get distracted, Khalil."

He bit his lips and gently positioned me to lay on my back on the plush carpet. He pried my legs open to make room for him to fit between them. He started kissing me again and I happily kissed back. Ignoring all of the alarms going off in my head. His lips were so juicy and lucious it was almost addictive. I tugged on to the hem of his shirt and slid my hands under feeling on his abs. It made me want him to take me right then and there. He again tried to stick his tongue in my mouth but I refused. I could feel him smiling into the kiss as my heart fluttered.

His growing pelvis toyed with the treasure between my legs and I immediately lost interest in what we were doing. "I can't do this." I confessed as I put my hand on his chest and pushed against it so he could move and I could sit up.

"What's wrong?" He asked confused as he sat up.

"I'm just not ready for all that yet. Okay?" I tried to explain.

"No, I get it. And I'm sorry for making you uncomfortable or whatever." By the look on his face, I could clearly see that he felt bad about kissing me. I couldn't help but to admire his beautiful eyes. They were green in color. The last time I saw him I thought they were hazel. I shrugged it off thinking I just wasn't paying close enough attention.

"Its okay." I flashed a reassuring smile.

"Well, I guess I should leave now since I went and made it awkward." He scrambled for his belongings.

I tugged at his arm to stop him. "You don't have to do that. I wanna help you with Spanish still."

"We can try again tomorrow. I just feel bad and I wanna give you a little space to hopefully forget what just happened." He stood and placed his back pack in front of the bulge in his pants.

I tried to hide the smile that tugged at my lips. It was funny how he seemed shy now when he usually was filled with much confidence. I gathered myself and stood in front of him. I hooked my arms around his neck and looked into his eyes. "Don't feel bad. Please? I was enjoying every second as much as you. Okay?"

He nodded, staring down at me.

"Like I told you before, I'm just not ready. That's all. But I don't regret it. It's just that my last relationship has me a little bit traumatized and I have to get over that first before I can even think about getting to know you more. That's why I really haven't been texting back."

"I feel you." He said politely. I could tell he was a really nice guy. His demeanor towards me was gentle and polite.

I kissed his cheek. "I guess I'll see you tomorrow?"

"Definitely." He smiled. "You enjoy the rest of your evening, alright?" He broke away from my hold and slipped his shoes back on.

"You too. Thank you."  I followed behind him to the door.

He smiled at me one last time and I closed the door behind him. I sighed as I leaned my back against the door and mentally cursed myself. I knew he felt bad, and that made me feel bad for causing him to feel bad. But I just met the guy anyway. And considering that the last time I've touched lips with anyone was my last relationship, it was a lot for me to process.

After cleaning up everything I began to feel lazy so I just took a shower and went to sleep after turning off my phone. I just needed some rest.