Ch. 44: Like Biggy

"Oh my goodness! Look at how you've grown!" Stephanie squealed as she opened the door to their Solid Brick Masonry home.

I smiled wide as she pulled me into a hug and squeezed me tight. "I know right? I feel like I grow every hour." I hugged my eight month belly and kicked off my Tory Burch flip flops by the door.

She locked the door behind me. "I've missed you. I know we live in pretty much the same neighborhood but I've been so stressed out trying to juggle my schoolwork, these wedding plans, my baby and my fiancé. Girl, I'm a mess." She groaned.

She grabbed my hand and pulled me to the den where Cameron was sitting playing Call of Duty on his PlayStation console. I noticed there were a bunch of invitations scattered all over the carpet and her binder filled with all her plans sat open on the page that showcased bridesmaid dresses.

"Bro, what the fuck?! Are you deadass?! I said cover me fool!" Cameron yelled into the headset on his head. "Weak ass niggas don't know how to be a team player."

"Cameron, shut up. Please!" Stephanie said to him as she sat on the carpet in front of her invitations. She looked back at me and smiled, patting the spot next to her for me to join her.

I took my Christian Dior bag from my shoulder and placed it on the couch Cameron sat on. I pulled up my black maxi dress, crouched to my knees and put my weight on my heels.

"Your guava head ass really gonna walk up in here and not say hi to me?" I heard Cameron ask and I felt my head being jerked back.

"Ow, you're gonna pull out all my edges boy." I winced and used my hands to put pressure on my ponytail. It felt sore already. "Ain't nobody coming to see you, Otis." I joked; making a reference from the movie The Temptations.

He laughed and went back to ignoring our presence as he focused on the game.

"Where's my stinky?" I asked her about Ashton's whereabouts. He wasn't in the den with neither of his parents and I wanted to see him.

She handed me one of the invitations. "He's outside with his godfather. Tell me what you think?"

"Diggy's here?" I whispered to her. "Steppphh." I groaned and threw my head back.

She smacked her lips. "Are y'all still avoiding each other? I didn't know. You're still mad at him?"

I ran my fingers across the invitation. It was beautiful. It was pink and gold. Very simple and very elegant. I loved that she chose not to do too much. "The invitations are beautiful. I love it." I responded to her previous question in hopes that she would drop this whole Diggy thing.

"Girl, I know you heard me." She whispered too. We were trying to talk low even though Cameron wasn't paying us any mind. I didn't want to risk it because I knew he would go run and tell Daniel everything.

"It's complicated, Steph."

"I know that. But really, I'm the wrong one to even talk to about this anyway because Cameron dogged me the fuck out and I still kept going back to see him every chance I got." She laughed and shook her head.

"But that's different Steph. You guys weren't in a committed relationship. You weren't embarrassed in front of the world. I still haven't reopened any of my social media accounts."

"Yeah, you're right. I probably would've blocked Cam on everything and raised Ashton on my own if that was the case." She gathered all her invitations and put them into a neat pile. I handed her the one I held in my hand and she took it. "Well, woman to woman, I feel your pain one hundred percent. And I support you with whatever. I love you guys together but if it doesn't feel right to you anymore then just remember I'm here to help you with anything except getting a nut." She cackled and I gasped and pushed her.