Ch. 33: Talking to Daddy

I lifted my shirt above my belly as I stared at my reflection in my floor length mirror. I was now four months pregnant and my stomach was growing slowly but surely. It wasn't huge but big enough that an outsider was able to tell that I was pregnant since the rest of my body was fit so it couldn't just be a little belly fat.

I never realized what a toll being pregnant would take on my self esteem. I felt ugly, fat and useless. My cheeks were slightly fuller. My hips have widened. I couldn't fit into my damn jeans the same. They were too tight around the waist. Daniel said I was still as beautiful as ever but I didn't feel the same. I kind of despised myself.

Don't get me wrong, how I felt about myself had nothing to do with my love for my baby. My child had been my only real company this whole time. My parents were always working. Danny was always fucking around with street shit. It was upsetting.

I still didn't know how John would react when he found out I was pregnant. For the past month or so he was in the United Kingdom pulling in more clientele. I was only on FaceTime with him now and again but he still didn't know. I was afraid I would no longer be his baby girl. That he would be disappointed in me and never look at me the same.

"Why are you always staring at yourself?" Diggy asked as I saw his reflection appear behind me.

"I can't help it."

He pressed his body against mine and put his arms on my stomach. "Stop worrying about how you look. If I still love your body you shouldn't be concerned. I'm your man; not anybody else. Stop worrying about how you look to others." He kissed my cheek and I shied away as I blushed.

"You always know how to make me feel better."

"Great." He smacked my ass then grabbed his phone from my vanity. "I gotta go now."

I sucked my teeth and walked out of the room.

He followed me down the steps. "Every time I leave it's the same shit with you."

"Shut up," I mumbled as I entered the living room.

"India, I'm sick and tired of your damn mood swings. Seriously." He leaned against the corridor and crossed his arms over his chest.

"You make my mood swing!" I angrily pressed the power button on the remote.

"What? Who says that?" He laughed.

"Don't laugh at me."

"You know, I got some things for you but if you keep acting like that I might return them."

"Gifts?" I asked softly.

"Yeah, I'll be back in two hours tops. Okay?"

"Yeah," I replied before hearing the door slam.

Deciding on watching Big Mouth on Netflix I heard my phone vibrate. It was a text from Daniel that he probably sent before pulling off because I just heard his car engine start.

Diggs💖💑👑
I love you chink 😘

Me
I love you too baby 💖 Thanks for putting up with me

Two hours of Netflix and Daniel still hadn't come home. He did make it his business to let me know he would be late though. Which is what I appreciated about him. Since we got back together, I never had to be guessing and overthinking with him. Anymore at least. All my complaints finally settled in his head and he took it into consideration. I loved that I was being heard.

6:38 pm and my phone rang and interrupted my show.

I sighed and picked up the phone.

"Hello?"