Ch. 14: Party Pooping

Khalil

"Babe, what should I wear?" India asked poking her head from her walk-in closet as I laid on her bed with my hands crossed behind my head.

"I don't know, India," I said laying back on the bed.

"Come on, this is probably the last senior party we're gonna be able to go to. There's only like three months left of school."

"I don't know, bro. You know what you have. Choose something."

"What the hell is your problem?" She walked out of the closet and stood over me since I was laying down. "Don't talk to me like that."

"Nothing," I replied, shaking my head.

"You obviously have a problem," She said. She hit my elbow and my hands disconnected from behind my head causing my head to bounce on her mattress.

I sucked my teeth. "You always think you know everything."

"Well maybe because I do," She replied crossing her arms under her breasts. "Now, why are you being a dick all of a sudden? Just this morning you were all up on me and now you got an attitude."

I sat up, resting my elbows on my lap. "You think I didn't see you flirting with that nigga?"

"What?!" She asked looking at me crazily.

"That nigga, Derrick, that walk around this house all day like he owns everything."

"His name is Daniel. And you know that." She stood akimbo.

"Whatever his name is. Why you be acting so desperate towards him?"

"Really, Khalil? How the hell am I acting desperate?!" She looked at me stupidly.

"'Cause you're following him around all day tryna get him to talk to you. Obviously the nigga don't want to talk to you. How you think that makes me feel when whenever I'm here, I see you trailing behind him? I'm your boyfriend India!"

"I don't have time for this." She sighed and walked away to sit at her vanity.

"Do you still love him?" I asked, looking at her expression through the mirror as it changed.

"What?" She asked, looking at me through the mirror.

"You heard what the fuck I said." My jaws clench in anger. I realized it was much first time acting out with her but I had to admit, I felt jealous. I didn't like her sharing her attention. Especially with the history they had. It wasn't fair to me. If I were to one to be entertaining another girl she would probably leave me.

"Babe, why would you ask me something like that?" She asked so innocently. I almost felt bad about the argument.

"Stop beating around the bush. It's a simple question. It requires a simple answer."

She sighed. "I don't know, Khay." She diverted her eyes back to her reflection and began to put on her foundation.

"You don't know?" My heart was palpitating. "Are you deadass?" How could she say something like that to me? My blood was boiling and I felt my ears heating up. I was fuming.

"Look, you know our situation that's not so easy. There's a lot of emotions involved."

"India, what am I doing wrong? I try my best to be the best boyfriend to you. I'm not at peace if I don't know you're not in need of something. I spoil you, I give you all my attention. You come first. Always. I know you know that. That's not enough?" I asked, defeated.

"Babe, you have it all wrong. Can we not talk about this right now? I just want to go out tonight and have a good time." She fondled with her hair in the mirror and she looked like she was about to cry. I swear I could never have a serious discussion with her without the waterworks.