Ch. 11: Confessions

Daniel

My eyes slowly opened and I blocked them from the sun that was peeping through the curtains with my hand. I sat up and looked around disappointed. I guess I was expecting to wake up in my old room; in the house I once shared with my parents. I still couldn't believe they were gone man! I missed them so much and it had only been 2 weeks since they passed.

I really didn't want to be here. I mean, I loved my God-Father and all but other than him and Mrs. Moore, I did not feel welcome here. I knew India felt uncomfortable in my presence even though she tried to be nice to me. That was the worst part about being there. I could have chosen to stay with one of my sisters or my uncle. But no, I decided to go back there because I did promise India that once things settled down I would come back to LA for her. And there was also an urgent matter that needed to be taken care of regarding my uncle that passed over two years ago. I needed to check in on how his business was holding up since he told me it would be my responsibility when I was old enough.

I stood up stretching and made my way to the adjoined bathroom. After taking a piss, I brushed my teeth and washed my face. When finished, I looked at myself in the mirror. You could tell I had been crying. A lot.

I turned off the bathroom light and walked back into my room. I had only been there a couple hours so I was still not used to everything.

It was hot as hell last night, even after showering, so I just slept in a pair of boxers which I was still in currently. I searched the drawers that I'd placed my clothes in for a pair of basketball shorts. I finally found some blue Nike ones. I pulled them on then heard a door open and footsteps down the hall. I then heard India's voice.

"Trust me girl. He wouldn't understand." She said. I figured she was on the phone with her slutty ass friend Zonnique. I didn't know why she was still friends with her. That girl was a horrible friend. She tried to come on to me so many times when India and I were together.

I grabbed my phone which was sitting on the night stand on its charger, and slipped my feet into my black Nike slides.

I walked out of my room and made my way downstairs, hearing India's voice coming from the kitchen. I went to the fridge and got myself a glass of orange juice. I sat at the island on my phone and drank my juice.

I couldn't stop myself from checking her out. She was always beautiful but now that she matured more it was hard to keep my eyes off of her.

She was still on the phone not knowing that I was in her presence. She was looking out the kitchen window and she had a plastic shower cap on her head. She always did like to experiment on her hair.

She was wearing her favorite grey nike sports bra and some blue and green plaid pajama pants. I remembered that sports bra had been her favorite for a while. It was a gift from my older sister. When India started playing volleyball freshman year, her breasts were growing rapidly so my sister, who was a shopaholic, bought her a couple sports bras for extra support. The grey one was easy to match so she wore it more.

"Good morning," I said politely.

She looked back a little startled and rolled her eyes when she saw me. "No that was him. I'll talk to you later Star." She ended the call and put her elbows on the counter as she was typing on her phone.

"I said good morning," I said hoping that she just didn't hear me the first time. Her shoulders rose and fell indicating that she did an over exaggerated sigh. "So you're ignoring me?"

"If that's what you wanna call it," She said in a bored tone.

I nodded and took a sip from my glass. I wasn't one to beg for attention and damn sure wasn't in the mood for it. If she didn't wanna talk, we simply wouldn't talk. I could tell she was forcing herself to be cold towards me. It seemed unnatural how she was behaving. But I'd leave her be. I did kind of deserve it for what I did to her.