Ch. 10: Return Of The Liar

India

It was around 7 p.m. and I had just come out the shower. I chose to wear a fitted, white knee-length dress. Khalil went home to get dressed after taking me to the nail salon and treating me with a mani-pedi. That was so sweet of him and I felt so appreciative.

I walked into to my walk-in closet and pulled my black pair of Yves Saint Laurent heels with the YSL heel from its box. I went into my jewelry box and fished for my gold Rolex watch, my pair of gold heart earrings, and my gold heart necklace. After I put the jewelry on I took my heels in hand and walked out of my closet to sit on the edge of my bed. I lotioned up my skin and slipped on my shoes.

I heard footsteps outside of my door and my mom's laugh. "Stop it John. We can do it later."

"We could do it right here." I heard him respond to her as their footsteps traveled down the hall.

"Now that's just nasty," I said to myself.

I let my hair down from the ponytail I put it in when I came out the shower. It fell damp and curly. I teased it a little to give it some volume.

"India, sweetie let's go! I think Ron already picked up John's god-son and dropped him off at the restaurant so he's waiting for us!" My mom yelled to me.

"Coming!" I yelled back putting on clear lip gloss, grabbed my new phone, and walked downstairs.

They were standing at the door eating each other's faces off. "I know y'all missed each other but dang. I don't wanna see that."

They just laughed and pulled away. We walked outside the same time Khalil jumped out of his black Jeep. He was wearing a yellow dress shirt black jeans and a pair of black and yellow Jordan 4 Thunders to match.

"Hey," He greeted and kissed my cheek.

"Hey." I smiled.

He turned to my parents and shook hands with the both of them. "Thanks for having me." He had already apologized to John about being in my room. He said he respected the way John felt.

"Let's get this over with then maybe we can do something later," I told him as we walked to dad's white Rolls Royce. We got in the back seat while they sat in the front. We listened to the radio the whole way there.

Omnicient

They arrived at the restaurant and got out of the car. Khalil held India's hand as they walked inside of the fancy Italian restaurant called Ooh La La. Mr. and Mrs. Moore joined them where the hostess stood at her post.

"Good evening. Reservation for the Moore's." John said.

The petite blonde woman smile and nodded. "Yes. For the Moore's." She looked over her tablet to review the reservations. "Okay. Since you were running a bit late we went ahead and seated your guest, Mr Simmons. I hope that's alright."

India's eyebrows furrowed hearing the name that rolled off the woman's tongue so eloquently. It immediately reminded her of Daniel and she cursed at herself for it. She had been doing great at putting that relationship in the past and she did not appreciate the reminder. She played with the pendent of her necklace nervously. Trying to shrug it off and convince herself not to be led astray.

"That's perfectly fine. Thank you."

"Great. Right this way." She led them to the elegant table.

The young man who sat at the table with his back facing them had his head in his hands, obviously in distress based on the circumstances. They all took a seat. He lifted his head when he felt the presence of the people who had joined him.