Ch. 9: Second Dad

"Thanks again Ron," John, India's stepfather said to his chauffeur. He opened up his briefcase that sat on the side of him and got a stack of cash to pay Ron. "Here you go," He said, handing him the cash. "Now, I don't want you to contact me for any business related reasons. I'm surprising my wife with a vacation because we both desperately need it."

"Got it boss," Ron reassured.

"Alright. See you on my next business trip." John said. He closed his briefcase and got out of the pearl white Cadillac Escalade SUV with darkly tinted windows that was bought for business. Ron came out and gave him his suitcase and duffel bag.

He pulled out the drive way and left John standing there looking at his two-story modern home.

He sighed in relief. "Home Sweet Home. Oh, how I've missed you." He walked up to his beautiful home and opened the door with his key revealing its white interior.

"Honey? India? I'm home!" He yelled putting down everything except his blue duffel bag that was strapped on his shoulder.

He walked up the stairs first where India's room was because he had a surprise for her

Deze afbeelding leeft onze inhoudsrichtlijnen niet na. Verwijder de afbeelding of upload een andere om verder te gaan met publiceren.

He walked up the stairs first where India's room was because he had a surprise for her. He knocked on her door and waited for a couple seconds until he heard India yell, "One sec!" He then heard shuffling and a shattering sound like something fell and broke. India was frantic as she was trying to pick up Khalil's belongings from all over her room. He spent the night with her and she had no idea that John would be home the next morning. She knew he wouldn't approve of her having male company, let alone in her bed. She threw her think comforter over Khalil's body. Hoping John would assume Star slept over.

She took a deep breath before swinging the door open. "Hey, you're home." She sang nervously and hugged his torso. Although his timing was terrible, she did miss him.

"Yeah." I wanted to surprise you guys. I've been gone for too long. I can't do that again anytime soon." He gave her a kiss on the cheek before they separated.

"So... what's up?" She asked, trying to act normal. Her eyes lit up as if she had a bright idea. "Why don't you go freshen up so we could go catch up and have breakfast. Maybe at Chauncey's Café? My treat." Her priority was getting him away so that Khalil could leave when he woke up.

John laughed. "Your treat? You have money?"

She giggled. "Yes. I save, silly."

John noticed her nervous body language and that she had half of her body outside the door and half in the room, as if she didn't want him to see anything that was in there. She was short as hell so John just looked over her head and immediately noticed a masculine figure wrapped up in the quilts on her bed. He could have also heard muffled sounds of snoring. But it sounded like the voice of a male. John's teeth were grinding together. He didn't want to believe India would disrespect their home as such.

India followed his gaze and knew that she had been found out. Her stomach sank to the floor and she felt horrible.

Gripping the duffel bag hanging from his shoulder, John pushed her room door open which made her stumble back a little and he walked further into her room and sat at her comfy window seat filled with fluffy pink and white pillows. He sank down into the cushions and let out a huge sigh.