Ch. 26: Complicated

India

"Sister!" Yelled Cameron while he burst through my bedroom door.

I jumped up spilling popcorn all over myself and my bed. "Damnit, Cameron!"

He laughed at me and jumped on my bed. He groaned loudly into the covers and I shook my head. Something was bothering him and he needed to talk to me about it.

"What's wrong with you?"

"I fucked up bad," he said as he scooped up popcorn off of the bed and stuffed it in his mouth

I shook my head. "With Stephanie? Oh my goodness Cam, I loved her. She's so sweet."

"I know. A couple nights ago we got into a huge argument about me not committing to her. I said some stupid shit and I hurt her real bad."

I shook my head in disapproval and ate more popcorn and motioned my hand for him to continue.

"She wanted to leave me, Indie. She actually told my ass to get out of her room. I've never seen her so broken to the point that she would be willing to give up on me. I don't know what to fucking do. My mind is all over the place. Please help me."

"I need some time to process all that first," I sighed.

"I even told her I don't wanna commit because if I do and I go cheat on her, that's even worse than messing around with other girls when we're not together. I don't trust that I'll be faithful to her."

"I know she has a real special place in your heart Cam because you would not have tolerated her so long. But you're an asshole for the way you've been mistreating her. I can tell you that much."

He rolled his eyes and turned to lay on his side with a hand holding his head up. "I know that already. But then... also... I slipped up and told her I love her accidentally."

I slapped my forehead and placed my popcorn down on the bed. "You're torturing that poor girl, Cameron."

"I know. I thought we made up after but I haven't heard from her since that night. She's not answering my calls and every time I go to her dorm she's not there. I need to speak to her. I need to know she's okay and I need to know my son is all good. Overall, I miss her. Can you please get her here?"

"I don't know Cam. If she's ignoring you she doesn't want to see you. And if I do get her here I don't think it's fair if you're not gonna be giving her what she wants. What she deserves. I love you and you know I have your back. But I won't lie to you. You're wasting her time to get what you want out of it and disregarding her wants and needs. It's unfair."