Micah Bell: Con-Artist

Start from the beginning

Micah sighed, taking a seat at a table and leaning back in his chair, just watching you. He had never really watched a con-artist work before, never cared enough too, but he had occasionally caught one trying to con him, he never fell for it though.

You walked up to the bar and took a seat next to the man, making no sigh to show that you noticed him glance over your body. You ordered a drink in a sweet tone and with a polite smile. Knowing that he was going to buy it.

The bartender placed your drink in front of you and you reached for your purse. "Miss, allow me" the man smiled charmingly as he paid for your drink. A true gentlemen...well, you will he about that.

"Thank you, that's very kind of you, Mr..." you smiled, pausing to give him the chance to tell you his name.

"Gavin Chapman" he introduced himself with a smile, holding his hand out for you to shake. You didn't know if that was his real name but you didn't care.

"Well, it's a pleasure to meet you Mr Chapman" the smile remained on your face as you shook his hand. Micah watched from the back of the room, ready to intervene if he needed too.

"May I have your name?" Mr Chapman asked, and you didn't miss the way his gaze ran over your body again but you pretended not to notice.

" F/N F/L/N" you introduced your self with a smile and a fake name, batting your eyelashes at him. Men like this were always suckers for the pretty, innocent, woman act.

"A young woman, such as yourself, shouldn't be drinking alone. You shouldn't be in a place like this alone" he shook his head, faking some sort of concern for you being on your own.

"I'm tougher than I look, Mr Chapman. Plus, sometimes when you drink alone you meet interesting people" you shrugged, looking at him over the brim of your glass.

"I'm sure you do. Now, how about another drink?" Gavin asked, raising an eyebrow. You nodded with a polite yet flirtatious smile, before he ordered two more drinks.

You and Gavin Chapman spoke for a while, you kept the flirting subtle at first so that he didn't catch on to the con but once he had a few more drinks in him and he had gotten comfortable with you, you started flirting a little more.

You smiled, almost dreamily at him, your fingers brushing against his hand as he spoke. Micah watched from the back of the room curiously. This wasn't what he expected. Whether it was stupid or not, Micah genuinely thought that you were nothing more than a prostitute. He thought that you were going to rent a room with the man, sleep with him, and steal his cash while he was asleep. Yet, here he was proven wrong.

Micah had realised that you had boundaries. Whenever Gavin would place a hand on your waist you would push his hand away with a girly giggle, making him think that you were still interested in him without letting him touch you in anyways that you don't like. Micah had a new respect for you, using a man's weakness against him. And, as you said, you had conned women before as well so obviously you didn't rely on being an attractive woman. You were clever and you knew what you were doing.

Micah couldn't contain the smirk on his face as he watched you lean over to the man and whisper in his ear, slipping something into his glass when he wasn't looking before tucking the empty vile back into your blouse pocket as you pulled away from him. Gavin nodded with a smirked before quickly emptying his glass and standing up. You smiled sweetly again as you stood up and followed him out of the saloon, the man already stumbling.

You were both followed out of the saloon by Micah, him making sure to stay a distance behind so that Gavin didn't get suspicious. You and Gavin disappeared into the alley by the saloon, you faked another giggle as he stumbled after you, having to lean against the wall to stay standing.