Chapter 79 - Skylar

Ignoring the intense glare coming from Mr. Kane, me, Connie, and Jean attempted to start a conversation. 

"So Jean, where do you work?" Connie asked awkwardly. It was obvious that she would rather be anywhere else than this place. 

Jean took a second to answer, "I work for a magazine."

Mr. Kane asked me about a magazine before, but maybe it's just a coincidence. 

There was an awkward silence between the three of us, and the only time anything was said was when Connie wanted more food, or when someone got a text message and someone wanted to know who it was from. 

About 10 minutes pass by and Connie and Jean are over with the silence.

"So, ho-"

"How's everything going?"

Jean cut Connie off and she was pissed. She just rolled her eyes and just ate.

"Everything is fine. A lot happened recently but I think I'm getting over it well." I tried to flash a smile but I think it looked weird. 

"Oh."

What do you mean?! "Oh." And here I was thinking that French people had you know... manners.

There was another awkward silence. 

...

...

...

I can't take it.

I got up and started throwing away the food. "I'm ready to go, how about you guys?"

Connie nodded her head and threw her trash away too. 

Jean later shrugged and did the same thing. 

Mr. Kane watched us as we did it. His usually bubbly persona started to come back once we left the shop. 

I guess it's Jean's fault that he was like that?

Connie and I got into the car and Jean drove us home in silence.

Once we got home, I flopped on the bed and sighed. 

I missed Ryan... 

He was always spending most of his time practicing and he's been really busy with school so I know I shouldn't be upset.

He has his own life anyways... Not everything has to be about me. 

"So..." Connie opened her laptop, getting ready to continue school. "How's it going?"

"What do you do when you want to spend time with someone but they're too busy to even send you a text..?" I looked at her, and she looked at me.

There was a long moment of silence.

...

...

Damn bitch, it doesn't take 10 damn years to think of a solution to a modern day problem. It's not like I asked what was the name of fucking Queen Victoria's 7th child was!

"Uhmm... Just be honest? Just go up to them and tell them that you feel like they don't spend any time with you anymore. Then ask when the next time they're free and if they aren't then I'll body slam then until the only thing on their calendar is hospital visits and therapy sessions." Connie smiled proudly. 

...... That's not a bad idea...

The 'Tell him how you feel' part, not the hospital visits and therapy sessions-

After I thanked her for the help, I walked over to Ryan's house and knocked on his door.

"Oh hey, Skylar, long time no see?" Veronica opened the door and let me in.

"Yeah, I know right. It's been so long I almost forgot where you guys lived.." There was a hint of sadness in my voice, but she didn't notice. 

I made my way to Ryan's room and saw him sleeping on his bed.

"Ryan..?"

I shook his shoulder a little and he brushed my arm away.

"Ryan wake up.." I shook him harder and he groaned. 

"What is it?" Ryan sounded tired and upset.

"C-can you talk right now?" 

Ryan rubbed his eyes and glared at me. It sent shivers down my spine.

"What do you need?" Ryan sat up, taking a good look at me.

"Do... Do you love me..?"

Ryan rolled his eyes and rubbed the side of his head. I knew he was frustrated.

"Yes. Yes, I do. Why are you asking that now?"

I pressed my lips together and took a deep breath. 

"You don't spend any time with me anymore... It's been so long since I have seen your face and.." I felt hot tears run down my cheeks, "and I'm lonely without you Ryan.."

Ryan looked up at me and sighed, standing up and giving me a hug. 

"I'm sorry baby... I didn't mean to make you feel lonely." Ryan lifted my head and kissed my forehead softly. "Forgive me okay..?" 

I nodded my head and hugged him back tightly. 

I love Ryan... and I always will no matter what. 

"Skylar... After I'm done with the hockey game, I promise that I'll spend more time with you..." 

Ryan gave me one last kiss on the lips before going to lay on the bed.