Chapter 39 -Ryan

I couldn't sleep knowing that my family knows I'm gay.

What do they think of me now that they know..?

I don't feel too bad because everything I did was for Skylar..

I hope he's not to mad at me..

I still have to tell them I'm dating him though..

"Ryan... Can I come in?" I heard my mom say, knocking on the door.

I wasn't in the mood to speak so I just kept quiet.

"Ryan... Can we talk?" Mom said, opening the door and sitting next to me on my bed.

I stay quiet.

"Ryan...Are you really... Gay?" She asked.

"... Yes." I say quietly.

"Was this because of Skylar?" She asked.

"You can say that..yeah." I said.

I looked at the wall beside me. I didn't want to look at her face.

"What do you mean by 'You can say that'?" She asked.

"As in..." I took a deep breath. "As in.. I'm gay for Skylar. We're dating."

She was quiet. I look at her face.

She was shocked, scared, and confused at the same time.

"How long have you been dating.. him?" She said.

I could tell she had trouble saying 'he'.

"About a month or two..." I said.

"And your sure that you love... him?" She said.

"Yes. He's Everything to me." I said. "I can't even function like a normal human being without him."

"Ryan look, your probably just confused.. it happens to people lik-"

"I'm not confused. I'm one hundred percent sure that I'm gay. And I love Skylar. So, if you can't accept that...then...then you must not love me." I say, cutting her off and looking directly into my mother's eyes.

"Ryan.. I love you.. but-"

"If you really loved my there wouldn't be a 'but'. It's either, you accept the fact that I'm gay, and dating Skylar, or your ashamed of me, and don't love me anymore." I say coldly.

"..I...I accept the fact that your gay..And that your dating Skylar it will just take me some time to get used to the fact that my son is gay.." She said. I knew, deep inside her, she was disgusted, and ashamed of me.

"If you saw me and Skylar making out in the couch, what would you do?" I asked.

"I'd smack you upside the head with a newspaper and tell you to get the h*ll off my couch, and get a d*mn room." She said with a small smile.

I smiled too.

"I really love you Mom.."

"I love you too.." she said. "You still wear contacts right?"

"Yeah. Why?" I asked.

"Because I got you a new pair of glasses! They'll look so much better on you then the last pair."

My last pair of glasses were a bright blue with dinosaurs the size of peas, on the sides. I hated them.

"Okay... Can I look at them in the morning? I'm tired." I say.

"Okay, and also one more thing. I'm sorta glad that your gay.. I don't have to worry about you ending up like me." She said and kissed my forehead, walking out of the room.