Chapter 3 -Ryan

The school was boring like always, except for the part where Matt and Mathew got in trouble for disturbing other students with their incest.

I'm on my way to hockey practice when the 'Basketball Jocks' come my way. Great, just what I needed. The Hockey team and the Basketball team, don't really get along. Matter-of-fact none of the sports teams at this school get along.

I quickly walked past them, trying not to be noticed by them and continued my way to practice.

********

I'm open waiting for John to pass me the puck. John is my hockey partner. We do well on the ice together.

He passed it and I hit the first score.

"Good Job Gonzalez!!! Keep This Up!!!" My coach yells. Her name is Ms. Stevens. She might be a girl but she is a monster on ice.

She won 23 hockey tournaments at the age of 13. She was the real deal.

I suck on my mouth guard and we continue the practice.

********

"So, how was school today?" My mom asked about washing the dishes.

"Boring. Nothing really happened." I say getting my bag ready to practice more at the neighborhood rink.

"Well, sucks to be you. My day was awesome. I got a promotion the day before I get paid!" My mom says, doing a little happy dance. I roll my eyes and head over to the door.

"I'll be back in about an hour" I yell as I walk out and close the door. If I what to win the NHL, I have to be the best on the team. (which I already am)

********

I walk in and see that I'm not alone. I see someone in the corner of the rink. Usually, I'm alone when I come in this late, but I guess not today.

I decided to sit in one of the seats near the back and wait for them to leave.

The person was stretching. Doing splits, and bending there back, and stuff in that area. Man, that person is really flexible!

He puts on a pair of ice skates and skates around the rink a few times before he did something. He jumped. He turned 3 times in the air. I don't know much about ice skating, but that was cool!

He does a few more jumps and he lifts his leg up and turns, then he bends down -still turning- and gets up turning slower, and crosses his legs and his hand is pointing out at....me?

Then it hits me. His ice blue eyes. Sharp and harsh as soldiers. It's that boy. What was his name again?...

He gets off the ice and grabs his bag and gets out a pair of ballet shoes. He puts them on and starts stretching again.

He puts his leg up on a ramp and stretches his arms out so there around his foot.

Dang, this guy is flexible.

He grabs his bag and walks out making eye contact with me. His eyes gave me shivers.

I waited a little longer and then walked home.

********

I walk in and see Sofia picking on Parker, and Veronica and Romona texting on there phone, so I'm guessing Tyler's in our room.

"Hola, ¿hay alguien en casa?" I ask as I put my bag on the side of the steps.

"Well duh, aren't we here?" My mom said from the kitchen. Talk about rude.

"How was practice? Anything new happen?" Romona asked looking away from her phone.

Just my luck.

"I-" I was gonna tell them about the guy -I'm just gonna call him solder- I saw at the rink. But I decided to just keep it to myself. "It was fine. I got a science paper to right see ya."

*******

"si digo que el universo es grande ... ¿eso cuenta para lo que está hecho? ... welp, supongo que sí." I mumble to myself. I usually have a tendency to speak Spanish -even when I don't want to- cause it was my first language. English is actually my third. My second is French. My...dad..was half French, -which is weird cause I do t look French- so we had to learn the language.

I shut my laptop and decided I should go to bed. I got a big game next week! This game is one out of 5 we have to do, to be one step closer to winning the NHL.

I close my eyes and was about to drift into a nice, calm slumber. But one thing crossed my mind...

What was that boy's name?

The thought stuck to me like glue. He was so angelic on the ice, it was like it was his second home. He was so flexible and could do so many tricks, it was....it was amazing.

I go to sleep, wondering, and thinking about that boy.

What was his name?

Where was he from?

But most importantly...

Who was he?