"What's the matter?" Fred asked, impatiently, walking over to Ron's side and looking over his shoulder at the parchment. Aurora scrunched her eyebrows in confusion and worry as she saw Fred's mouth drop open too.

"Prefect?" Fred asked, staring at the letter, "Prefect?"

Aurora choked on her spit as she watched George leap forwards, grabbing the envelope out of his younger brother's hand and turning it upside down. She noticed a scarlet and gold badge fall right into George's open palm.

"No way," George muttered in a hushed voice as he stared at the badge.

"There's been a mistake," Fred said, "No one in their right mind would make Ron a prefect."

The twins' heads turned in unison and both of them stared at Harry who looked between the pair, confused.

"We thought Dumbledore was bound to pick you!" George exclaimed, pointing his finger at the spectacled boy.

Fred nodded, "Winning the Triwizard Cup and everything."

"I suppose all the mad stuff must've counted against him," George said to Fred.

"Yeah," Fred nodded slowly before he looked back at Harry, "Yeah, you've caused too much trouble, mate. Well, at least one of you's got their priorities right," he added walking over to Harry and placing a hand on his shoulder whilst sending Ron a dirty look, "Prefect....ickle Ronnie the Prefect."

"Mum's going to be revolting," George groaned, thrusting the Prefect badge at Harry (since he was the closet to him) as if it might contaminate him.

Aurora stared in shock as the scarlet and gold badge in Harry's hand. A large 'P' was in the middle of it with the Gryffindor lion behind it. Before anyone else could say anything, the door slammed open and Hermione ran in, her cheeks flushed and her hair flying. She was gripping onto a envelope tightly as she looked at Harry, "I knew it! Me too, Harry! Me too!"

"No!" Harry exclaimed, pushing the badge into Ron's hand, "It's Ron, not me."

"It- what?"

"Ron's prefect, not me," Harry clarified.

"Ron?" Hermione asked, her jaw dropping, "But...are you sure? I mean- Well...wow... Well done, Ron! That's really-"

"Unexpected," Aurora added, the twins nodding their heads at her statement.

"No," Hermione said shaking her head and blushing, "No, it's not...Ron's done loads of...he's really..."

The door behind her opened wider and Mrs Weasley backed into the room holding a pile of freshly laundered robes, "Ginny said the booklists have come at last," She said glancing at the envelopes as she placed the pile of clothes onto Ron's bed and began to sort them out into piles, "If you give them to me I'll take them over to Diagon Alley this afternoon and get your books while you're packing. Ron, I'll have to get you more pyjamas, these are at least six inches too short. I can't believe how fast you're growing...what colour would you like?"

"Get him red and gold to match his badge," George sniggered.

"Match his what?" Mrs Weasley asked absently, rolling up a pair of red socks.

"His badge," Fred said, "His lovely shine new prefect's badge."

Mrs Weasley stopped rolling a pair of navy socks and looked up at Ron, "His...but...Ron, you're not...?"

Ron held up his badge, his cheeks turning the same shade as his hair as Mrs Weasley let out a shriek, "I don't believe it! I don't believe it! Oh, Ron, how wonderful! A prefect! That's everyone in the family!"

"What are Fred and I, next door neighbours?" George asked his mum who pushed him aside and flung her arms around her youngest son.

"Wait until your father hears! Ron, I'm so proud of you, what wonderful news, you could end up Head Boy just like Bill and Percy, it's the first step! Oh, what a thing to happen in the middle of all this worry. I'm just thrilled, oh, Ronnie-"

Fred and George were both making loud retching sounds behind her back but she didn't even notice, her arms wrapped tightly around Ron's neck. Aurora couldn't help but laugh at her boyfriend and his twin as she watched the scene unfold.

"Mum...don't...mum, get a grip..." Ron muttered, trying to pry his mother off himself as she kissed his cheeks over and over again.

Mrs Weasley finally pulled away, the large smile still plastered on her face as she looked at Ron, "So what will it be? We gave Percy an owl, but you've already got one, of course."

"W-what do you mean?" Ron asked.

"You've got to have a reward for this!" Mrs Weasley exclaimed, "We could get you some new dress robes? Or a new cauldron, Charlie's old one's rusting through, or a new rat-"

"Mum," Ron said, his voice full of hope, "Can I have a new broom? Not a really good one! Just-just a new one for a change..."

Mrs Weasley smiled gently at her son before eagerly nodding her head, "Of course you can...well, I'd better get going if I've got a new broom to buy too. I'll see you all later...little Ronnie, a prefect! And don't forget to pack your trunks!" Mrs Weasley said as she walked out of the room, muttering under her breath, "...oh...a prefect!"

Fred and George shared amused but also disgusted looks.

"You don't mind if we don't kiss you, do you, Ron?" Fred asked, his voice laced with sarcasm.

"We could curtsey if you'd like," George quickly added.

Aurora covered her mouth as she let out a soft giggle, Fred looked down at her proud of himself thanks to her reaction.

"Oh, shut up," Ron said, rolling his eyes at the twins.

"Or what?" Fred asked, an evil grin spreading across his face, "Going to put us in detention?"

"He could if you don't watch out!" Hermione said angrily.

Fred and George burst out laughing whilst Ron muttered, "Drop it, Hermione."

"Looks like you're going to have to watch your step, you two," Aurora said, her voice playfully as she stood in between the twins, "With these two on your case..."

"Yeah," George said, "It looks like our law-breaking days are finally over."

And with another loud crack the three seventeen year olds disappeared out of the room and were heard laughing from the room directly above Harry's and Ron's.