Order of the Phoenix | Year 1 Part 17

*This one gives me the feelzzz, I hope you like it <3*

"That is what made it so incredibly perfect."

"You've, you've- what?" (Y/n) spluttered out, which made Draco laugh handsomely.

"How could I not?" He flattered, "you're the most perfect person I've ever met, in my entire life." He added, almost as an afterthought. 

(Y/n) smiled again, giddy and drunk on his words. Sweetness and a amorous undertone filled Draco's confession, making them even more meaningful. He wasn't saying this with the mind of a teenage lovestruck boy, but of a man who looked at someone and wanted them forever. (Y/n) couldn't remember a time when she wanted to be around someone all the time as much as she does with Draco.

"Draco," (y/n) began, unsure about what to say, "you say these things, and expect me to answer as beautifully as you."

"Thats the thing! You don't even have to try. Everything you do is lovely." He smiled warmly.

(Y/n) tightened her arms round his neck and hugged him, her head resting on his shoulder. All she wanted was for him to understand what he meant to her. Since she was wearing heels, she was finally able to rest it there without the aid of a staircase or lifting on her tippy toes. Draco's arms reached around her waist again and his forehead laid against the side of her nape. He breathed in the scent of her hair, moving his hand up and down to rub her back tenderly.

"Hey." Draco pulled away again, feeling her warmth leave his body. "Want to go dance?"

"Won't they see us together?" She questioned.

"Not with all those people. We're fine, promise." He stepped back and held out his hand for (y/n) to take. She hesitantly reached for it, still a bit unsure. But, they then began to walk back to the main hall, Draco leading the way.

(Y/n) gazed around at the stone castle walls and sleeping portraits.

"A bit early to be sleeping." (y/n) chuckled. Draco looked at her and smirked.

"I wish it was always like this." He said on a whim.

"What do you mean?"

"Oh, you know, parties and our favorite foods, Christmas... with you." (Y/n) squeezed his hand.

"Speaking of favorite foods, what was yours?" She asked. He blushed and looked down at his feet.

"Vegetable soup. My nanny used to make it for me, when I was a child." He said, almost sadly.

(y/n) smiled tightly and looked at him with kind eyes. The more she learned about him, she thought, the more she was falling madly for him.

"And," she added, "it seems you love Christmas pudding!" (y/n) teased.

Draco chuckled, "What? Its amazing!"

(Y/n) scoffed playfully, and they walked into the ball room again. (y/n) let go of Draco's hand, just to be safe. They both scanned the room, looking for anyone they may now, especially their parents.

Draco leaned down to whisper into her ear, "The coast is clear." He took her hand and lead her to the middle of the floor. Couples were dancing all around them to a lovely slow song. The music moved throughout the room like the ebb and flow of the tide, rocking back and fourth.

The two stopped near the center. Draco placed his hand on her back, and (y/n) on his shoulder. They clapped their hands and leaned in close, leaving little space between them. Draco lead her, at first just swaying, then walking around a bit. Not to her surprise, Draco was a good dancer, he was very gentle and romantic while he did it, too. She expected his shoulders to be square and arms perfectly positioned outwards. But, he was relaxed, carefree, looking only at her.