Jisoo: I'll do the surgery Oppa. But not now. It's not the right time.

Suho: You stubborn fool.

Jisoo smiles softly as she gently reaches for the elder boy's arm.

Jisoo: I know you're worried about me Oppa, but trust me. I can handle it.

Suho: You know the headaches are only going to get worse right? The longer you postpone the surgery, the more difficult the it will be for us to remove the blood clot later on.

Jisoo nodded.

Jisoo: I can do it. I just need you to prescribe me some pain medication until I'm ready.

Suho: You have to tell Jennie, Jisoo. About everything, including this.

Jisoo gives Suho a slight smile and nodded.

Jisoo: I will Oppa.... But for now... can you please not tell anyone? Even Changmin Oppa. I'm not ready to let them know yet.

Suho hesitates for a minute before agreeing to the younger girl's request. Jisoo returns Suho a smile of gratitude before leaning back in her bed in silence.

The latter's face was expressionless, and it worried him, for it was the first time ever, that he couldn't tell what Jisoo was thinking.

•••

Jisoo came home the following morning to find that Jennie had packed a suitcase and was getting ready to leave.

Jisoo: Where are you going?

Jennie glances at the older girl before replying with a short, emotionless reply.

Jennie: Home.

Despite the clenching pain of her aching heart, Jisoo replies with a nod.

Jisoo: I'm gonna head upstairs.

Jennie stood still as Jisoo brushes pass her. She tried to keep her mouth shut, and hold onto the little pride that she had left. But once again, her heart had betrayed her. Before she could even process what she was doing, Jennie had already turned around and ran over to embrace Jisoo.

Jennie: Don't do this Jisoo. Tell me to stay. Tell me that you love me. Tell me that you won't ever let me go.

Jisoo closes her eyes as she takes in a few deep breaths. Slowly she removes Jennie's arms away from her waist and turns around to face the younger.

Jisoo: We can't be together Jennie-ah.

Jennie's lips quivered a bit as she tries to contain her  tears from falling.

Jennie: Why not?

Jisoo heaves out a deep sigh before deciding that it was time to for her to tell Jennie the truth. She knew that she couldn't hide it from the latter any longer.

Jisoo: My parents... they were the most important people in my life. When they had passed away, the reality of it all nearly killed me...

Jennie's eyebrows furrowed in confusion as she tries to figure out the meaning behind Jisoo's words.

Jennie: I... I don't understand Jisoo...

Jisoo: My parents' death wasn't an accident Jennie Kim. They were murdered... By your father.

Jisoo watches with a heavy heart as Jennie's face was engulfed by a swirl of emotions. The shock on the latter's face morphs into a confused one as she tries to piece together the meaning of Jisoo's words. When the realization had finally dawned on her, her face falls into a dismayed and lost expression as she looks at Jisoo with broken eyes.