Dutch van der Linde: Nothing to Worry About

Start from the beginning

That crossed a line for Dutch, he refused to sit and watch that when Javier was so clearly making you uncomfortable. At least that was what was happening in Dutch's head.

Dutch stood from his chair and marched over to you and Javier, he grabbed Javier's shoulder and gently but forcefully pulled him away from you. Javier willing lent away from you, looking up at Dutch expectantly, since the man had reacted the exact way that Javier expected him too.

"Miss, can I please have a word with you?" Dutch spoke, trying to keep his voice calm and collected as he held his hand out to you.

"S-sure" you nodded, placing your hand in his and letting him gently pull you up from your seat.

Dutch didn't even look back at Javier, he expected that Javier already knew why he was pulling you away from him. Dutch placed his hand on your elbow, gently, as he guided you towards his tent. He ushered you inside politely, closing the canvas behind you both.

"Sorry if I've made you nervous" Dutch apologised when he saw you look up at him with confusion and some sort of nervousness, and he couldn't blame you. He was sure that he had acted a little irrational and abruptly back at the campfire, plus he imagines that the leader of the gang asking to speak to you privately could be a nerve-wracking experience.

"No, not at all. Have I done something wrong, Dutch?" you asked, you were pretty sure that you had done nothing to cause any trouble but perhaps you were wrong. You were the newest addition to the gang and you were worried that Dutch was going to tell you to pack your bags.

"'course not, Miss. I just noticed you and Javier at the campfire. I suppose I wanted to ask if you two are...involved with each other" he asked, raising an eyebrow. His question definitely surprised you.

"Oh, no. There is nothing going on between me and Javier" you shook your head, almost laughing at the thought. Sure, Javier was attractive and charming but he was more like a friend to you.

"You see, it didn't look like that with the way he was acting an' all. If he ever makes you feel uncomfortable please tell me, Miss. I wouldn't want you getting the wrong idea about the kind of folk we are" Dutch smiled slightly, placing a hand on your shoulder as if he was trying to reassure you.

"Javier hasn't made me uncomfortable and I think that you are all good people, at least...most of you are. Javier wasn't trying to...well, he wasn't trying make any moves on me. He was just talking to me" you assured the man, not wanting him to think that Javier was causing trouble, you definitely didn't want your friend to get into some sort of trouble.

"He was awfully close for somebody who was just talking, do you mind if I ask what he was talking about?" he asked. Dutch wasn't convinced that Javier wasn't trying anything with you, he was leaning in close to you with his hand on your thigh. So, either Javier was trying something with you or he was trying to provoke Dutch. Dutch almost sighed when he realised the reason that Javier was probably acting that way.

"Well...he was talking about...you" you admitted, a light blush on your cheeks as you looked down at your feet.

"...what was he saying about me?" Dutch asked, taking his hand off of your shoulder and letting it fall to his side.

"He was just joking...saying that you are sweet on me, been watching me or something like that" you explained, shrugging to assure him that it was nothing to worry about.

"Did he now?" he asked, nodding and glancing away from you as if he was falling into his thoughts.

"Ah, yeah, but he was only joking. I didn't believe him, don't worry" you smiled, looking back up at Dutch. Did you wish that Javier was telling the truth? Well, sure you did but you weren't foolish enough to believe him.

"Now, why would I worry about you thinking that I'm sweet on you?" Dutch asked, looking back at you with a furrowed brow. There was nothing wrong with him having feelings for you, right?

"Oh...I suppose I don't want you to feel uncomfortable or...something" you shook your head, your cheeks going a light shade of pink again. The last thing you wanted to do was offend Dutch.

"Well that's kind of you Miss, very kind. If I may speak plainly, Javier may have a point" he shrugged, watching you carefully, ready to back off if you showed any signs of discomfort or disinterest in him.

"What do you mean?" you asked, tilting your head to the side curiously.

"I have to admit that I am a little sweet on you, Miss. I kind of asked to talk to you because...well, because seeing with Javier made me a little jealous" Dutch admitted, stretching the back of his neck.

"I-I had no idea, I thought that Javier was just trying to tease me. You see...he knows that I'm a little sweet on you too" you confessed, seeing that there was no point hiding your feelings anymore if Dutch felt the same way about you.

"That so?" he asked, his hand falling to his side again as a small smirk tugged at his lips.

You both stood in silence for a moment, you didn't know what to do from there. You had just confessed that you had feelings for each other but now you were beginning to feel awkward, not knowing what to do next. You hung your head, staring down at the ground like it was the most interesting thing you've ever seen. Dutch smiled at you, finding you behaviour rather cute and endearing.

Your eyes widened slightly when you felt Dutch lift your chin up with his thumb and forefinger. You didn't have time to react much before his fingers were brushing along your jaw and his lips were against yours. He didn't press too hard, waiting for you to react before continuing what he was doing.

Slowly, your eyes fluttered shut and you began to kiss him back, you hands landing on Dutch's biceps, gently grabbing his shirt in your hands. Dutch smiled against your lips when you began to kiss him back before running his hand around to the back of your head, wrapping his other arm around your waist to pull you closer to him as he deepened the kiss.

You wrapped your arms around his neck, feeling one of his hands press against the small of your back while his other hand rested on your waist. You both slowly pulled away and looked at each other.

"I suppose I ain't got nothing to worry about then" Dutch smiled, referring to the fact that he had been jealous of your relationship with Javier only minutes earlier.

"Nothing to worry about at all" you smiled, running your thumb over his cheek before leaning up and gently kissing him again.

Requests?