Chapter Thirty-Five - Vermont?

Luke is coming with us to Vermont and then he'll go home to plan the wedding with Riley. He's staying in Vermont for a couple months.

I'm going to miss all of my friends but especially my boyfriend. I mean, who wouldn't miss Ace. He's been with me through everything, and he's so nice and kind and handsome. I smile all the time when I write in my journal or I talk about Ace. It's hard to say good-bye sometimes. Well, most of the time. Riley and Luke were both crying when I saw them saying their good-byes. And it's not like they're never going to see each other again. They're getting married. I have a feeling that is how it's going to happen between Ace and I.

Ace and I drove to the airport.

"You're going to be fine in Vermont Cam, don't worry about anything."

"I'm not worried." I whispered, twiddling my thumbs and bouncing my leg up and down.

"I can tell you are by the way you're sitting." Ace laughed. "You don't have to worry about it Cam. You're going to be fine. And whenever you miss me even the slightest bit, you know I'm only one call away."

I laughed at his comment because they were lyrics to One Call Away by Charlie Puth.

"I know, but I'm going to miss you so much." I sighed, thinking about how I'm going to survive without him.

"You'll be okay." He smiled.

"We're going to stay in a relationship right? We'll just be far away from each other so it might be hard." I pondered.

"I think as long as we stay in touch and pray about it and pray for each other, we'll be fine. I'm losing you as a neighbour; I can't lose you as a girlfriend too!"

I grinned and hugged him tightly. "We'll be perfectly fine."

As we arrived at the airport I couldn't stop thinking about how much I'm going to miss my life and my friends here, even though I know I'm in need of this fresh start.

I was about to find a seat in the lounge at the airport since I knew it would be a while until our flight took off. Ace and I are travelling to Vermont together and the rest of my family is already there. Then, I saw Ginger running down the hall. She ran up to me and hugged me tight.

"What are you doing here? Did you miss the plane? Where's dad?" I asked panicking.

"He's just back there trying to refund your tickets." She said panting.

"Why would he refund our tickets? Why aren't you guys in Vermont?"

"Cause we're not moving Cam. Dad said we're not going to Vermont!" Ginger exclaimed panting between her words. "We got there and then came back and-" she stopped talking to run back to dad.

I was so confused but before I knew it Ace had a smile stretched across his face and he lifted me and twirled me around. He hugged me tightly and I hugged him back. I saw dad just a little ways away and I ran to them. I didn't even care why we weren't moving; I just cared that I wouldn't have to leave my life here.

Jenny decided to quit her job in Vermont to stay here in Vancouver with us, because she realized how hard it would be to move to the states. You know that moment when you think everything is going horribly wrong, and then all of the sudden, things change. Well, that would be the story of my life. And I'm not complaining. I'm actually very glad that I'm not leaving Ace right now.

---

Five months later

Today, is graduation day. Even though Ace hasn't been coming to school, he has been taking online courses and can graduate.