Chapter Forty-One - New Life

It's the first week of classes and it has worked out really well so far. I found my classes easily and I settled in. I met my professors and they were all very nice. My professor, Mr. Fitz, is nice. He is around his mid-twenties and he is very attractive.

But I can't think of him in that way. He's my professor. And students dating professor's is strictly prohibited. I could lose my scholarship. Not that we were interested in each other but all class he was asking me the questions and I could answer them all.

After classes today, I went back to my dorm and saw Kaitlynn with some guy lying in bed watching Netflix. It's been kind of weird because she's had a different guy in her room every night. I'm kind of getting fed up with it. I should probably mention the party incident, in case she forgot because I'm fairly sure she was drunk. If anyone catches any guy in our dorm, we'll get in trouble. I've tried to tell her that but she doesn't listen.

It's just after five so I decided I probably should have dinner soon. I'm waiting for whatever-his-name-is to leave but I don't think that's happening anytime soon.

I decided to go to the café around the corner to get a coffee and maybe something to eat. I packed my purse and let Kate know I was leaving.

When I walked outside the dorm, the sun was shining. I decided to walk since it was really nice outside. I headed over to the café and sat down with my laptop to work on my homework.

When I got up to order my coffee, I noticed Professor Fitz in the line just ahead of me.

"Hello, Camilla, right?" He asked.

"Yeah, Professor Fitz, right?" I laughed. He smiled. Gosh, that smile is beautiful.

"How do you like my class so far?"

"I love it."

"What is your major?"

"I'm taking psychology right now." I said smiling.

He turned around just to order his coffee. "Do you mind if I sit with you? There isn't much room here."

"Sure, my table is just down at the end by the window." I said smiling. I guess it's okay if we just talk a little. It won't be anything to personal I would hope.

I ordered my coffee and my sandwich, which they would bring to my table in a few minutes.

"So, how is college? Do you like it so far? This is your first year at Chicago right?"

"Yes, it is. I'm a freshman, just got out of high school in June." I smiled.

"Oh, wow. I thought you were at least twenty-two." He mentioned.

"No, I'm only nineteen actually."

"That surprises me actually; you are very bright for a freshman."

"Thank you," I blushed. "So, Professor Fitz-"

"Oh, please, call me Isaac."

"Isaac," I said awkwardly. "Is this your first year teaching?"

"Second year," He said.

"So how old are you? If you don't mind me asking,"

"I'm twenty-seven. And I don't mind you asking. Camilla, just from listening to you answering the questions today in class, I've realized that you're probably the most intelligent nineteen year old I've taught."

"Thank you," I smiled.

"Where are you from?"

"Canada, you know the country in the north that's really cold and people live in igloos," I laughed.