Chapter Six - More Mistakes

[WARNING: intense scene during the end, nothing described]

When I went to school Tuesday morning, I asked Ace to hold my hand as we walked into the school. Oakley came up to me and Ace.

"Hey Cam, hey Ace." He said. "Are you two a couple?" He asked. That's what I was hoping for. That way, he would think we were already going to the dance. Just then, as I wished, the bell rang.

"Sorry, we have to go to class." I said dragging Ace with me.

"What was that all about?" He asked. "Why did you want to hold my hand?"

"Okay, the truth is, I already knew that a lot of boys were going to ask me to the dance, so I wanted them to think we were going together so they wouldn't ask me to go to the dance." I said.

"That's what I wanted to talk to you about." Ace said with a look in his eyes like no one could ever stop him from asking. I looked into his beautiful brown eyes, they sparkled in the sunshine coming from the window. He took my two hands in his soft, warm hands and smiled. "Will you go to the dance with me?"

"I don't know... Maybe I could consider it." I said with a smirk. I hugged him. "Of course I will go to the dance with you, Ace." I felt so relieved to be in his arms.

"Good." He said into my shoulder. "I don't think I could see you going with a jock."

"Ace, you're the perfect guy to go with." I said holding his hand. We walked past calculus class where I heard some guys talking to each other.

"So that really hot girl, Camilla, is going to the dance with that nobody Ace." It was Oakley. I cannot believe he would say that. He seems like such a nice guy. I think Ace heard him because when I turned around he was running down the hall.

"Ace... Wait." I said. I ran after him. I grabbed his arm and turned him around. "Look, Ace. I'm sure he didn't mean any of that, he's just jealous." He was holding in his emotions. The sparkle in his eyes had dimmed.

"Maybe, I don't belong here. This isn't a place, where I belong." He said turning around. He walked away and I stood there.

"Ace, don't be ridiculous." I said. "You belong here, with me." He ignored me and walked towards the office. I'm guessing he phoned his sister to pick him up. Within a few minutes Riley was standing in front of the office and Ace went over to her. They hugged and then he and Riley headed out the door.

As Ace and Riley walk out the door I get a text.

"Looks like that nobody Ace, is cheating on Camilla with another girl. She looks way older than him. I wonder how Cam will feel." There was a picture attached to the message.

I opened the picture that someone sent me and it was of Riley and Ace. They were hugging. I saw who they sent it to; it was to almost everyone in our grade. Even to Ace. Probably Riley will see it. What is Ace going to do? I called him immediately.

"Ace... Pick up!" I said, into the phone.

"Why are you calling your boyfriend? Are you going to dump him?" I turned around to see Micah with his iPhone; the picture was on the screen.

"Why would you do that? Ace is my best friend! Why would you ever try and hurt him like that?" I yelled tears almost flowing down my cheeks.

I almost slapped him across the face.

"He didn't do anything to you! You're just a jerk along with all the other guys that think they can take down Ace to get to me." By this time, the tears couldn't stay in longer; my eyes were puffy and my cheeks were stained with tears. I ran down the hall and called Ace. It rang about two times, before he finally picked up.