Chapter Twenty-Five - Date Night

Today I got a text from Ace saying: "Hey Camilla, when you get home, you'll see a bag on the porch for you. I've decided to take you out tonight to Ivan's, so put on the outfit in the bag and I'll pick you up at 6 tonight. Love you Cam."

I literally screamed when I got the text, my heart sunk to the bottom of my chest. I got home and brought the bag up to my room and Guinevere came into my room just as I was opening it.

"This is so adorable." I said pulling out the cute - but modest shirt he had bought me.

"Who's this from?" She asked as she sat on my bed. I opened some more as I answered her question.

"It's from Ace." I said smiling. I showed her the text and finished opening the gifts. "This is what he bought me."

"That is the cutest thing in the entire world... I swear."

"I know... I still can't believe he did it all for me." I gushed. "I can't believe he actually thought about me. I mean, I should be doing stuff for him... He's the one who's dying."

"He's so sweet Cam." I looked at the bottom of the bag, and there was still something in there, wrapped in tissue paper. I took it out and looked at the picture. It was us two days before he found out he had leukaemia. That day he gave me a promise ring, and he promised to always be by my side, forever with me for anything I need. I started crying as I read the note on the back of the photo.

I gave you that promise ring, saying that I would always be there for you. I didn't even know it wouldn't be long before I would be gone. That promise ring will still mean something when I'm in heaven, because you can call on me, and I'll be there. In your heart, I love you more than you'll ever know. My love for you will always be eternal.

And if you want to know some of the reasons I really fell in love with you, the number one was because of the way you pursued after God. You put Him as your number one and I could tell. That made me so happy.

I am also in love with you because of your passion for singing. You're amazing at singing and I've been so happy to get the opportunities to sing with you at weddings.

You're beautiful, stunning. You take my breath away. I especially love going to weddings with you because you look so beautiful in every dress you wear. You even look beautiful in track pants and a sports bra.

Your love for music, it's incredible. You can listen to a song two times and harmonize to it the next day. It's like you sing in your sleep.

Sometimes I just like putting your playlist on and listening to your music.

I love spending hours on end listening to music with you. (Let me know when Ed Sheeran makes his next hot single with you featuring!)

I shouldn't be saying this, but your lips are so comforting - always there when I need them. Your lips form the biggest smile and your smile makes me fall in love with you more and more.

You're an amazing friend to me Camilla - I don't deserve you. You are so awesomely talented, kind, honest, beautiful, funny, oh, and did I mention kind?

So many people have asked me how you're so kind. I tell them that you pursue after God. There is that spark in you Camilla, it attracts everyone to you.

Your smile lights up the room. Sometimes, I can't tell if you're mad or excited because you always have a smile plastered on your face.

People notice that. People want what you have.

Keep up the amazing work girl. You have the great talent to speaking to others easily; use that to your advantage.

Love, your best friend: Ace Vaillancourt.