Chapter Nineteen - Everything Hurts

"I knew it!" Dakota shouted. "You do like Ben!"

"Yes, I do." I sighed. "He's so perfect." I smiled.

"Never mind, Camilla, you're obsessed."

"I am not!"

"Yes, you are Camilla, you're so obsessed." She smirked.

"I am not obsessed with him!! Stop it Dakota!" I said smacking her on the arm. We were at her house for dinner and all she wanted to talk about was Ben and how much I loved him.

"I don't want to talk about Ben right now." I sighed.

"Did you tell Ace?"

"Yes, I did tell him."

"How'd he take it?" Dakota asked.

"He said he just wants me to be happy." I smiled.

"But you're happy with him Camilla, plus who knows how long he has to live. You might as well spend your time now dating him because you don't know when he could leave." She stated softly.

"I know but Ace said he doesn't want to date now. Let's just stop talking about dating. I don't want to talk about this anymore."

"So, has Ace been in the hospital lately?" Dakota asked.

"No he's doing fine on his own actually."

"That's good news." She smiled. "And how are you? You haven't been to the hospital lately?"

"Nope, I've been staying home alone lately, catching up on a lot of work."

"That's good, I guess."

"Yeah I suppose. I've had a lot of alone time which I've been spending thinking and reading my bible and praying."

"That's really good." Dakota said.

She and I went downstairs to have dinner with her family.

"So," Dakota's mum said. "How's Ace?"

"He's doing well actually; he hadn't been in the hospital too often so that's good news."

"Good for him, I'm glad." She said. "Are you two dating?"

"Mum," Dakota argued.

"What? I'm just asking a question."

"No we aren't actually, he made a commitment to not date right now. He needs to focus on other things." I smiled.

"Oh great, that means he's available Dakota!"

"Mum! Did you not hear her say he's not dating? He's not planning to for a while." Dakota defended.

"Oh right, I must've been loudly chewing because I didn't hear that part." She said examining her food.

"How does dinner taste?" Her mum asked shoving more food into her mouth.

I'm almost positive Dakota's mum made her invite me over. Her mum is interesting to say the least.

She chews with her mouth open, cooks terrible food, asks weird questions and tries to talk about my personal life.

I don't exactly enjoy her company. So when Dakota asked me to come over I was a little hesitant but I said yes anyways. She said,

"Just say no so you don't have to come over! Say you have plans with Ben."

"But I don't. That would be lying."

"Then make plans with Ben. Trust me, my mum is making lasagne. She can't cook lasagne."