Chapter 30<3

Chapter 30

The Principal's Office

As I sat in the principal's office, I saw my phone light up on the table across from me. I knew it was Liam. I looked around the room and just outside the office. The principal was talking with Bree and her mom. I stood up, grabbed my phone and answered it

"Hello? Liam?" I whispered.

"Where are you? I've been out here for ten minutes and I haven't seen you." Liam yelled on the other end.

"I'm sorry. I got in some trouble. I need you to come inside and get me out." I begged.

"What? What kind of trouble?" Liam asked.

"I pushed a girl down, and now I have to..." I turned and saw Principal Hawthorne walking in. "I gotta go. Come get me!" I tossed my phone back onto the desk before Principal Hawthorne saw me.

"Now Marisol," he said sitting down across from me. "We don't take bullying lightly here. You will be punished for what you did to Bree."

"Do I even get to tell my side of the story?" I asked.

"Yes, go ahead." He responded and sat back in his chair.

"Well the only reason I shoved her was because she started a horrible rumor about me."

"Ah yes, she did mention a rumor, but she told me she didn't start the rumor she had only heard it." Principal Hawthorne said.

"She's lying! She made up that rumor." I heard Liam walk into the front office. "My friend is here now. I'll have him explain."

I ran out of the office and was back with Liam just a moment later.

"Hello I'm Liam." He faked a smile.

Principal Hawthorne jumped back when he heard Liam's accent. "Hello Liam. Is Marisol telling the truth?"

"The truth? I'm not exactly sure what we're talking about." Liam said confused.

"Do you know if Bree made up a rumor about Marisol?" Principal Hawthorne clarified.

"Yes. I actually got a call from my girlfriend this morning saying that Bree had told her something about Marisol and I." Tears were welling up in Liam's eyes.

"She even told me she made it up right before I pushed her down." I explained.

"Well okay, I believe you Marisol, but you still hurt another student. I'm going to have to suspend you for a few days." Principal Hawthorne said half-heartedly.

"What about Bree? Is she gonna be punished too?" I asked feeling the anger build up inside me.

"She is only going to be given a detention because she didn't physically hurt you." He explained to me.

"ARE YOU SERIOUS?" I yelled. "SHE TOTALLY..." Liam grabbed my arm to stop me from getting into any more trouble. I calmed myself, "So how long exactly am I suspended for?"

"Three days." Principal Hawthorne told me.

"Okay. Can I go home now?" I asked. He nodded at me and I got up and walked out, Liam following close behind.

As we walked out of school people stared and whispered. "Oh shut up! All of you." Liam snapped.

We got in the car and drove back to my house. I stormed into the house, let Liam in after me and slammed the door behind him.

"Door slamming is not necessary!" Harry yelled from upstairs.

"It's very necessary!" I yelled back.

When Harry recognized my voice he ran down stairs. "What are you doing home so early?"

"I got suspended." I said bitterly.

"For what?" Harry asked with a concerned look on his face.

"For shoving Bree to the ground." Liam answered for me.

Harry couldn't contain his smile. He seemed to hate her just as much as I did. "Why did you push her?"

"She started a rumor saying I was pregnant." I said.

"I didn't get you pregnant!" Harry yelled.

"Oh that's not the worst of it. She said it was Liam's." I said. I looked at Liam and he just looked sad.

"Li... Uhhh... She... what?" Harry stuttered. "Well how did you get home? Why didn't you call me to get you?"

"Liam picked me up. I needed to talk to him." I answered.

"Understandable." He said. "You guys go ahead and talk, I'll go upstairs." He walked upstairs and left Liam and I alone on the couch.

"So Michelle dumped you?" I asked.

Liam didn't say anything. He only nodded.

"Why would she believe such an outrageous lie?" I asked.

"She wouldn't even listen long enough for me to say it wasn't true." Tears streamed down his face.

"I'm sorry Liam. It's her loss really." I tried to comfort him, but he pushed my hand away.

"Could you leave me alone for a while? I'm gonna try and call her to work things out."

"Yeah. Sure. I'll be upstairs if you need me." I rubbed his hair and walked upstairs.