Chapter 5 <3

Chapter 5

The Text

Only a few minutes later, I felt my phone buzz and I handed the phone to Ryan to read it to me. "Uhh the number is 3.....9...2..."

"Forget the number!" I said. "What's the message say?"

"Okay! Okay! The message says, Hey Marisol! It's Harry! Ummmm. Hi! Haha...well I just wanted to say thanks for getting Louis out of that ticket, even though he deserves it... haha anyway, I wanna know if you want to come get lunch with us after school. You probably know the best places out here so our treat! What do ya say?"

I told Ryan to write back, "Hey Harry! I'd love to go to lunch with you guys! Why don't we meet at Bella Cucina at 12:30. It's a great local Italian restaurant. Is that okay?"

About 2 minutes later he responded saying, "That sounds fantastic! We'll meet you there at 12:30 then if you could text me the address it'd be great. So I'll see you soon. Xx." I had Ryan look up the address and texted it to Harry. I couldn't believe what was happening! I'm going to lunch with One freaking Direction! How did I get so lucky? When I got to Ryan's school and walked him to the office, I couldn't help but have a huge smile on my face.

I went to the attendance receptionist and said, "Hi! I'm so sorry Ryan is late. We had a flat tire on the way and it took a while to get someone to fix it."

She looked at me with doubtful eyes, "You seem a little happy for someone who just got a flat tire."

"Well..." I continued to lie, "...funny story, the guy that came out to help with a tire turned out to be one of my mates from daycare. We had a nice chat and I actually forgot all about the tire." Wow, I'm really good at lying. This may be a problem, but right now it's working for me.

Her expression eased and I think she actually believed the story. "Okay, she said Nick's tardy is excused, but if it happens again he will get a detention."

"Oh, it won't happen again." I promised. Another lie, he was already late 4 other times this semester. I thanked the receptionist as I left the office. I walked back to my car and decided I would just skip the rest of first period.