Red Hood and Robin - bonding

Red Hood returned to his safe house bloody and bruised from a tough patrol, only wanting supper, a hot shower, and sleep. He only managed to get two out of three at first. 

          He ran a hand through his damp hair as he entered his room and nearly collapsed into bed, only to see a familiar pair of green boots sitting neatly on the floor at the foot of the bed and a little boy curled up under the blankets, looking almost cute. Damian Wayne. The latest addition to Bruce's collection of Robins. 

          Jason sighed and, after several seconds of mental anguish, trudged back into the living room. He fell onto the couch with a huff before fluffing the thin pillow and grabbing a blanket from where it had been crumpled on the floor. 

          After a minute, Jason called out, "You're welcome, Demon-Spawn!"

         In Jason's room, Damian didn't even open his eyes as he smirked and snuggled further into the pile of blankets.

         In the morning, Jason awoke to the scent of cooking food, only to find Damian sitting at his table in sweatpants and a baggy t-shirt, eating breakfast. A green mug of what was most likely apple juice sat in front of him, but his face was blocked by an open newspaper. The cover story was how Red Hood and Batman had taken down a crime syndicate the night before.

        Jason sniffed the air as he checked what was on the stove, "What did you make? Smells like-"

          "Bacon?" Damian offered, turning a page in the paper. "Think again."

          "Well... where'd you get it?"

          "The store on the corner," Damian replied simply, his eyes scanning the stories on that page of the paper.

          Jason raised an eyebrow, "That creepy joint with the dude that glares at me every time I walk by and has a sawed-off shotgun under the counter?"

          Damian nodded, "I told him I was buying it for my sick grandmother."

         Jason almost laughed, "Nice. So, what is this stuff, anyways?"

          "It's tofu from a recipe Alfred showed me. I'm vegetarian, remember?"

          Jason looked at the boy in disgust, "Yeah, well, I'm not vegetarian! And what are you doing in my house? And why were you in my bed?!"

          "Fine, then, don't eat it." Damian snarked, primly snapping the paper closed and setting it on the counter next to him as Jason grimly took some of the breakfast. "I was on my way back to the manor after patrol and the sun was already coming up so I came in through the window. On the matter of your bed, it was far more comfortable than your couch. I've tested them both, and I'm surprised you don't have an abnormally curved spine."

          "Well, excuse me for not having a Gucci mattress." Jason shot back, taking a timid bite of the food on his plate. "Does the old man know you're here or should I expect to have my door kicked in?"

          Damian took a sip of his drink, "I informed Pennyworth last night that I was staying over. Although, I'm not sure if that will keep father from breaking down your door..."

          Jason sighed, "Whatever. The lock's useless anyways. What recipe did you say this was?"

          Damian smirked, "Like I would tell you."

          Suddenly, Jason noticed Damian's shirt and gasped, "Is that... is that my shirt?!"

          Damian threw up his hands in innocence, "Do you expect me to eat, sleep, and breath in my Robin costume?"

          "It's all I see you wear when I'm at the manor!" Jason shot back.

          "Falsehood!" Damian exclaimed, getting to his feet. "Do you have any idea how horrific it is to sleep in that costume?! The Kevlar is ridiculous!"

          Jason went speechless for a second before saying, "Okay, fine. You've got me there. But you dug through my closet?"

          "I found this while I was in there..." Damian admitted, revealing a large knife from who knows where.

          Jason furrowed his brows in disbelief as he snatched the knife away, "Hey! I was looking for that!"

          Damian snickered, "I thought so."