She starts to the Initiative front door again and I grab her by her shoulders, making her face me.

"Just... Faith, just tell me that, maybe... just maybe one day we could..."

She brushes my hands off her shoulders.

"We have work to do, are we gonna get to it?"

We have no chance. Oh god we have no chance... and it's my fault.

"Okay we... we should go save the world."

We walk over and stand in front of the mirror. I lift my leg to kick it down.

"Wait."

I stop in mid-kick and look at her. She's checking herself in the mirror.

"What?"

She leans forward, checking her bra to make sure everything fits properly.

"Gotta make sure all the goods are in the right places. Don't want anything getting bruised or broken you know?"

I put my leg down as she pulls her pants up, making it cling to her incredible ass. She uses her hands to puff up her hair a bit.

God she looks incredible.

"Your goods look pretty good to me."

Did I really just say that?

She fake coughs and straightens up.

"Okay let's go."

"You're ready?"

"Did I just say let's go?"

"All right."

I lift my leg again and sidekick the mirror, shattering it completely.

"That's a waste of a good mirror."

I smile at her and she brushes me off.

I guess it wasn't as funny a joke as I thought it was.

"I bet the party's already started. Spike told me Adam's got nothing left to lose."

She saw Spike?

"Spike told you?"

I don't know whether to be worried or not.

"Yeah..."

It's like she can feel the way I'm feeling.

"Oh don't worry, I threw him out on his ass quicker than he can say apocalypse."

She goes to pry the elevator doors open and I decide to help her. The doors start to open.

"I wasn't about to save the world on the advice of some Billy Idol wanna be."

"Sounds like a good idea."

The doors come open enough that we can get in.

"Actually I wasn't planning on saving the world at all, not until you came by that is."

"Yeah I..."

She doesn't want me to apologize.

"Look, I know you asked me not to apologize for stuff but... I'm sorry I didn't leave you alone. I wanted to, I really wanted to but, well, world in peril and you were the only person with enough power to help me."

"So I was your last resort? I'm not sure whether to feel proud or just disgusted."

"Like I said, I'm really sorry."

"Yeah well, life goes on you know?"

She looks down into the elevator shaft and smiles.

"Looks pretty steep, you ready to take the plunge?"

"Sure, why not? But don't worry I'm pretty sure the party hasn't started yet."

"What makes you say that?"

"He wants us there for the death count."

"Sounds like a trap."

"Yeah it probably is."

"Well only one way to find out."

She steps off the edge of the elevator doorway and drops the probable 20 feet to the top of the elevator car.

All right fine, I better go after her.

I jump off the edge.