"It's not that," you said once your chuckle died down, "It's just... we used Romano's tomatoes for the pasta sauce... won't he get mad?"

"Ah, that's what you're worried about?" Feliciano smiled, waving his hands as though that would help dismiss your feelings of guilt. "It's okay, (Y/N)! I'm sure he'll be okay with it! He has a ton of tomatoes, anyways~"

Romano couldn't help but scoff from where he was standing. The tomatoes used had actually been his last few, and the only reason he didn't come in to intervene was because you were there, and he didn't want to make you unhappy by taking away the tomatoes.

"Well... alright." The next few moments were spent in silence, the only sound penetrating the otherwise quiet atmosphere being the clinking sounds of the forks hitting the plates. It wasn't until a few minutes later did things get more... interesting.

"Feli?"

The Italian looked at you, smudges of pasta sauce dotting his face. "Hm? What is it, (Y/N)?"

"Lean in real quick," you said, using your finger to beckon him closer as you grabbed a nearby napkin.

Your intention was to wipe Feliciano's face clean – after all, you kind of had a pet peeve when it came to people getting food all over their face – but Romano, still watching the both of you closely, interpreted it quite differently.

"Oh hell no," was all that left Romano's mouth in the form of a hiss as he clenched his fists, debating whether or not he should step in. I mean, were you going to kiss Feliciano? You wouldn't, would you–?

Romano's thought process was thrown off track when he saw you lean in closer, one hand grabbing Feliciano's chin to steady his face and the other coming up near his cheek.

Okay, that definitely looked like you were getting ready to kiss him.

And Romano refused to let that happen, especially when he was watching.

"(Y/N)!" The now fuming Italian seemed to lose all control of his body as he suddenly began storming over, startling both you and Feliciano and causing you to release his chin.

"R-Romano? What's u- H-Hey!"

You didn't even have a chance to finish your sentence when Romano quickly reached out, his hand grabbing your arm and pulling you roughly away from your seat. "R-Romano! What're you do–"

"Shut up," Romano hissed, dragging you down the hallway before stopping at the door to his room. Shoving it open, you didn't even have a chance to blink before he quickly slammed it shut, pinning you to the door by your wrists.

"Romano!" you exclaimed, eyebrows furrowing, "What was that for!?"

"That was for this."

You opened your mouth to question his words only to abruptly find yourself rendered unable to speak, the pair of lips that had closed over yours sealing your mouth shut. "M-Mmph!"

The kiss barely lasted a second before Romano pulled away, a harsh glare settling onto his face. "You've been making me really damn frustrated today, you know that?" he growled, eyes narrowing. "I can't even believe how irritated I am right now!"