✔ 'When can I go home?'

~3rd Person POV~

"He's been in here everyday for the past week with a different book just to read to her even if she has no memory of anything." One of the nurses said looking at the person she was talking to, who was staring at the two people on the couch. 

"Everyday this is where he vanishes to?" Noah asked more to himself than anyone else.

"For the past three weeks we've been trying to get her to talk and he shows up and she's smiling at everything." The nurse continued as Noah watched his son and River on the couch as Stiles read Where the Wild Things Are to her.

"She has no memory of anything past the last three weeks?" He asked and the nurse nodded.

"Not a single memory." She confirmed nodding her head.

"I'm gonna go talk to him." The sheriff said before walking into the room and over to the two.

"And into the night of his very own room where he found his supper waiting for him..." Stiles read before looking at her as he flipped the page.

"And it was still hot." She whispered running a hand over the page as Stiles smiled at her head.

"And it was still hot." He repeated.

"Stiles, what are you doing here?" Noah asked and Stiles head snapped over to look at his dad surprised.

"What are you doing here?" He retorted River poked his side and Stiles quickly looked at her, "What, sweetheart?" He gently asked.

"Who's that?" She whispered and Stiles smiled at her before resting his head on top of hers.

"He's my dad." Stiles answered and her eyes widened in surprise.

"Stiles, you didn't answer my question." The sheriff said.

"She's why I'm here, dad." Stiles answered.

"Can we go outside?" River asked and Stiles nodded.

"Of course we can. Dad, are you coming with us?" He asked as the two stood up. 

"No, you two can go for your walk. I'm going to talk to one of the doctors about getting her out of here." He answered and Stiles nodded wrapping an arm around River's shoulders. 

"When is your break over?" River asked looking up at Stiles.

"Another week, River." Stiles answered smiling at her.

"Why do you call me that? Everyone else calls me Danny." She asked and Stiles frowned.

"Because in that beautiful twisted head of yours on some level you trust me and you still do, which is why you are letting me keep my arm around your shoulders." He answered and she gave a lopsided smile staring at him. "Do you want to go for a car ride?" Stiles asked before kissing her forehead.

"Do I like car rides?" She asked raising her brows confused.

"Yeah, you do. You also like to go for walks and runs." Stiles answered as they made their way back to the building. "Can I take her for a drive?" Stiles asked talking to River's doctor squeezing River's shoulder terrified she would say no.

"Do you want to go for a drive with him?" She asked looking at River, who nodded. "Okay. Be back in two hours." She ordered and Stiles nodded happily before pulling River out of the hospital.

"Where do you want to go?" He asked opening the door to his jeep for her.

"Can we go somewhere and look at the sky?" River asked getting in the jeep.