✔ Shot threw the heart

~Previously ~

"Stiles." Melissa called and I jumped up walking over to her. "She's fine just out cold for the time being. There's something you should know though." She started and I felt everything crash around me at her next words.  

~Now~

~Stiles' POV~

I stared at Scott's mom my eyes going cloudy as I held back tears.

"Are you sure, because she told me she didn't think she could, do to Budapest?" I asked slowly and quietly and Melissa nodded.

"The doctor is positive. She was pregnant but something killed the child. The doctor's not sure what, he thinks is was a bullet but that's impossible she hasn't been shot." Melissa said and looked past her and to River asleep in a hospital bed.

"Well she got shout ten times, that I counted, on her back but none of them where pointed downwards." I said, "Can I go in there?" I asked and Melissa nodded.

"You should tell her, Stiles." Melissa said as soon as I got past her causing me to stop short.

"I can't, it'll break her past the point of no return. You didn't see the look on her face when she told me she couldn't have any. There was no walls up and she looked devastated." I said and Melissa sighed. I got into her room and sat on the chair next to her bed grabbing her hand and pressing a small kiss to it. "We definitively should have used a condom." I joked bitterly pressing my forehead to her hand. "This is going to be hard, babygirl." I whispered.

~~~~

"What the hell happened?" Scott snapped waking me up.

"Huh? What?" I asked lazily raising my head from River's stomach.

"What happened?" He asked again and I looked around blinking a couple of times.

"River passed out in the shower so I brought her here. It's fine it was just insomnia." I lied and Scott nodded grabbing another chair and sitting on the other side of my girlfriend. "What are you doing?" I asked.

"Staying with you and texting the pack and Theo." He answered and I snatched his phone from him quickly.

"We tell no one, Scott." I snapped stuffing his phone in my pocket.

"Why not?" He asked raising a brow.

"Because I said so. My girlfriend, my rules." I answered and he nodded. After a few minutes of silence I broke it, "So I found a ring." I said and Scott smiled.

"Yeah?" He asked.

"Yeah, it's perfect fighting size for her and everything." I said and his smile grew as he nodded.

"That's great, man. Congrats." I have to tell him.

"Scott, what I tell you you can't tell anyone else not even River." I said and his face got serious as he nodded.

"She..." I was cut off by Theo barging in, "Hey guys, what's up?" He asked loudly and I narrowed my eyes at him as a knife found his shoulder.

"River!" I snapped trying to stop my laughter.

"He's loud. He needs to die." She responded boredly before laying back down closing her eyes. She slowly opened them and looked at me suspiciously. "Did you bring me to the hospital?" She asked slowly.