.::Chapter Twenty-Two||Naturally::.

Janae awoke to the feel of her heart beating in her throat—her blood pressure high, even with a resting body

        Janae awoke to the feel of her heart beating in her throat—her blood pressure high, even with a resting body. As if the sandpapered mouth wasn't enough, her stomach ached with confusion. She was nauseated and... hungry?

Her eyes peeled open to the sight of the trashcan, remembering exactly why she felt strangely hungry and nauseous—she was hungover.

        She stirred in the bed, moving her legs first to remind herself she could actually move. The feel of something hard pressing into her backside caused her to raise from the drool soaked pillow.

It was Julian.

Looking over her arms at his angelic face brought on a barrage of memories she didn't want to remember. She closed her eyes in regret, letting her rattled brain fall back into the pillow again.

        Janae didn't have to look down to know she was half naked. A wave of heat washed over her, flushing her flesh with embarrassment to the memory of taking her shirt off... in front of Julian.

What was more embarrassing than stripping in front of a boy too cute for his own good, was barfing all over him; which explained why he wasn't wearing the leather jacket he'd been wearing the night before.

Janae had puked.

        On everything.

Her hair. His lap. His jacket. His shoes; and the trash, of course.

        Hearing the soft sound of his snores escaping his parted puffy lips, Janae felt remorse. It was clear he'd showered—anything to get the smell of her stomach off him.

But he hadn't left; Julian was still there—heavy arm hanging limply over her waist, an erection pressing into her backside at an uncomfortable angle.

Despite everything, he was still there.

        She crawled out of the bed as quietly as she could, keeping her movements slow and steady. She spotted Julian's jeans at the end of the bed, grimacing at the memory of upchucking on his thighs. She could see that her stomach lining had crusted the front of the denim.

Janae took Julian's jeans from the floor, quietly sneaking out of the room to throw them in the wash. Going into the bathroom to get knock-off Tylenol, she decided to brush her teeth and take a shower.   

She threw on a robe, leaving her bra and undergarments in the bathroom floor to go back to bed.

Sleep was much needed, and probably the only thing to alleviate the hangover wrecking her body. Janae felt like she'd been struck by a car—run over—completely bruised to the bone.

        She froze in the doorway when seeing a pair of large doe eyes looking up at her. His long bare legs set apart at the edge of the bed, seemingly dumbfounded by Janae's sudden entrance.