.::Chapter Eighteen||Inexperienced::.

"Just go—go talk to her

"Just go—go talk to her." Albert insisted, turning the key over in the lock of his apartment while eyeing the door across the way.

Julian sighed, burying his face in his hands. He didn't want to hear about the guy before him—he didn't want to listen to the excuses as to why Janae refused to give herself to him, considering that she was willing to give him her company. Julian had convinced himself that Janae was using him to feel better around Tiffany—because her roommate didn't have a boyfriend.

"Nah man, I'm good."

"No you're not; fucking go talk to her. Go breakup with her, or work it out... shit." Albert entered the apartment, half expecting Julian to walk in after him. Instead, the brooding boy stood conflicted, staring at the apartment across the hall.

Al was right, there was no sense in reeling in the aftermath of the feud he'd caused. Janae was easy to talk to—whether that be ending their short lived romance or reconciling and coming to terms.

"That's right, be a good boy and go check on your girl." Al winked. Julian shook his head with pressed lips, giving Al the middle finger while making his way toward the door.

He knocked twice, hoping no one would answer. A pile of platinum blonde hair set in a messy bun on top of Tiffany's head. She was giving him a look that showed how displeased she was of who was standing on the other side. With folded arms, she stepped away from the threshold, giving Julian room to come inside—but that look she was giving made it obvious he wasn't welcome.

"Jay here?"

"Yep." Tiffany spoke curtly, closing the door behind him.

Julian and Tiffany were far from friends, but were acquainted. Their personalities clashed from time to time, both offering different opinions on matters that didn't really matter. But this was Janae—Janae mattered. Julian didn't care too much for Tiffany; he didn't mind her promiscuous ways, but hated that she somehow thought she was better than Janae.

"Well... what are you waiting for? Go fucking talk to her." Tiffany scoffed, waving toward the end of the apartment; that same scowl still etched on her face.

Julian inhaled deeply, holding the breath in his chest as he made his way to Janae's door. Despite it being closed over, he still knocked, not particularly feeling invited.

"It's open!" Janae yelled. She continued to stuff her suitcase, trying to ignore Tiffany's want to talk. Janae knew she was trying to make things better, but she was only making it worse. Janae didn't want to talk about Julian or how badly she needed to talk to him; she just wanted to get the hell out of dodge and spend the weekend with her father in Upstate.

"Goin' somewhere?" Julian's words caused Janae to stifle all movement; she wasn't expecting to hear his voice. She turned, looking over her shoulder as he closed the door.