.::Chapter Sixteen||Moving Too Fast::.

Although Julian and Janae had little in common, finding common ground was easy; they shared the same morals and interests

        Although Julian and Janae had little in common, finding common ground was easy; they shared the same morals and interests. Despite the fact that Janae had been sheltered most of her life, she was willing to try new things. She was beautiful and smart, but somewhat gullible. Little by little, Julian was unveiling that innocent mask of naivety.

He exposed her to the world of an underground music scene she didn't know existed, and got to know some people Julian called friends. As for Nikolai, Nick, Fabrizio and Albert, Julian considered them brothers.

        When Julian wasn't spending his time with Janae, he was bartending at The Lemon, or rehearsing. That's all they ever did—practice.

Janae had witnessed firsthand Al pretending to be the band's manager, calling local venues to try and set up gigs. He was surprisingly good at it—professional; Al was convincing, with a cunning charm that made him believable. He would even meet with venue managers wearing a suit and tie, along with a sleek pair of white suede shoes. He definitely looked the part of a manager.

        "You look like you're trying to recruit girls for porn." Tiffany grinned, fluffing Albert's unruly locks.

"You wanna be the star of my movie? I like squealers—you're gonna have to be vocal." Al winked, straightening his tie with a smug smirk.

"You couldn't handle me." Tiffany rolled her eyes, taking a step back from the cocky suited prick.

"Oh baby, I could handle you. I don't think you could handle me."

"Would you guys just stop already... please." Janae pleaded from the sofa.

"Yeah, just fuck him already." Julian quipped, draping his arm across Janae's shoulders. He sat further into the couch, spreading his knees apart—his demeanor relaxed and smug.

        Julian had meant to be funny, but his underhanded comment made Janae uncomfortable. They had been sharing one another's company for nearly three months now, and if what Tiffany said was true, that meant it was time for Julian to feel owed what was his—sex.

Janae had managed to maneuver out of all those situations leading up to the act. Tiffany was a good buffer, and so was the phrase 'it's too soon.' Julian seemed to be understanding, despite the bulge in his pants that would appear every time a kiss lasted longer than ten seconds. She feared his patience, however, was beginning to reach an end.

        Julian had been a good friend—a good 'boyfriend.' She had never been guilt-tripped when denying a boy sex; she'd never been close enough intimately. But Janae had felt the worst when objecting Julian's advances on his birthday just a month prior. He had turned the biggest milestone of all—21. But to Janae's surprise, Julian was sensitive to her apprehension. He agreed things were moving too fast and sympathized that she wanted to take things slow. But for how much longer... that wasn't discussed.