.::Chapter Twenty-One||Shot To Shit::.

Julian was late

Julian was late. Working at The Lemon, writing music, and rehearsing was becoming too much. Not to mention, he was having to make time for a girlfriend. Janae was understanding though; she didn't question his priorities. She didn't make a big deal out of Julian never being on time—she knew it was a given.

Tonight, however, was a night Julian didn't want to be late. The Lemon was understaffed, and as Julian was out the door to get ready for the big night, he was asked to stay. He could've said 'no,' but he'd already asked a coworker to fill in for him the weekend before—when they played their first gig at Don Hill's.

He assumed he'd have to stay for only a couple hours; it wouldn't give him much time, but if he hurried, it'd give him just enough to shower and change clothes.

That assumption was shot to shit after an hour passed—the weekend rush. He'd been there since before noon, and although he was looking forward to the paycheck these hours would be on, having to bail on Janae and their plans was something he was not.

He couldn't wait to finally be with her; to officially claim her.

Julian hoped Janae would understand; he hoped she would still be willing to do this, despite being four hours late. She seemed unfazed by all the other times he'd been late, hopefully this time wouldn't be any different.

He stood at apartment door, wondering if he'd knocked loud enough. No one was answering the door, even though he could hear talking and music.

Julian knocked again; in the middle of the third knock, the door finally opened. His eyes widened at the sight of a tall blonde wearing a hazy stare—Tiffany was drunk.

"You made it!" Tiffany wrapped her arms around Julian's neck, pulling him into the apartment.

He'd witnessed Tiffany drunk many times, but only once had she ever touched him like this. Once it was established that Julian didn't like her, Tiffany backed off. And when he and Janae became official, she really backed off. Now, she was drunkenly pulling him into the apartment—her mouth a little too close to his face.

Julian turned away, closing the door while trying to ignore the intoxicated blonde hanging around his neck. He pretended to be nonchalant about it, but truthfully, his insides felt strange.

His head went back, trying to keep his face away from Tiffany's. She was still too close—her enclosed arms around his neck feeling like a fleshy prison. He held his breath, trying not to breathe her air. He didn't like Tiffany under normal circumstances, and as of now, he could say he hated her.

He reluctant reached for Tiffany's wrists, pulling her arms away from his shoulders with a grimace. "Where's Jay at?"

Tiffany's lips fell into an exaggerated hard line, her eyes closing out of sync—this girl was fucking wasted. "We gotta little problem." Her index finger and thumb came within a centimeter apart, her right eye squinting closed with a cringe that was even apparent in her inebriated state.