nine.

CHAPTER NINE;slipping through my fingers

CHAPTER NINE;
slipping through my fingers.

LYDIA WAS RUSHING around in preparation for the wedding just a few hours away. she was currently setting out the plates and napkins ready for the wedding reception.

issac slowly walked up behind her, causing her to jump. "issac, what are you doing here?"

"look, i just wanted to give you this." he handed her a slip of paper, she took it confused.

"i don't mean here here, i mean why are you on this...island.... what is this...!!" her eyes finally drew to the check and the price that issac has written on it.

"now i realise you had to tighten your belt a bit over the years bringing up betty, on your own... and i just wanted to make a small contribution to the wedding..."

she gulped looking at him straight in the eyes, he looked back at her causing her to look away shaking her head repeatedly, "i c-can't accept this, i c-"

"no, no, no, no, no." issac repeated quickly walking away.

"issac!" she followed him.

"you'll have to catch me first." he shouted running away as fast as he could. she sighed and ran her finger through her messy hair.

meanwhile, down near the coast, elizabeth ran across the dock to jughead. "jug..." she panted. "you have to help me..."

"betty, what's the matter?" she ran off, jughead immediately following her. "baby!" she ran to the top off a cliff. "betts!"

she finally came to a stop, "i've done something really insane." she panted out of breath. "all of my dad's are here for the wedding and they all think there giving me away..."

"woah, what?!"

"i have three possible fathers." she chuckled making a slight joke out of it.

"how are they here now?" he asked still a bit confused and dazed.

"i invited them... i thought that i would know my dad right away, but i didn't, i just... i have no idea and now my mom is going to kill me and there gonna hate me and you...." she rambled and rambled.

"hold on, hold on, hold on, you invited these guys and you didn't tell me?" he asked hurt.

"no, i thought you'd try to stop me. i know i messed u-"