35| hoes before bros

CHAPTER 35

_____________________________

"Well, don't you have to practice for the Variety Show anyway?"

Betty and Jughead looked at Archie. Said teenager glanced at Valerie before looking down at the table. "Uh, no, I don't."

"Except that yes, you do. Thanks to a certain ex-machine." Veronica bounded over to the lunch table with Kevin and placed her coffee cup between Valerie and Archie. "Excuse me."

"What do you mean?" Valerie asked her. Veronica shrugged. "Oh nothing. Just that someone had a few words with our director/host, and reminded him that he's heard you sing on numerous occasions." "Even though it compromises my artistic integrity." Kevin mumbled.

"Cutting to the chase," Veronica looked over at Archie with a small smile. "You have a slot if you want it." "Veronica, thank you, but I-" "No need to thank me." The raven haired beauty nodded to a table closer to the school. "Thank Florence."

Archie looked over to see Florence with her guitar in her lap. A pencil rested between her teeth as she strummed a few chords on her guitar. His mouth opened slightly in surprise. "Wait, what?"

"Yup." Kevin popped the 'p' and took a sip of his drink. "You're lucky because she basically wrinkled my new sweater with her small fist." "I don't believe it." Archie looked over at Veronica, who sighed. "Me neither. That's just the kind of girl she is. I, on the other hand, wouldn't have been as forgiving."

Betty rolled her eyes at her friend's answer. "She obviously still cares about you, Archie." She gave him an encouraging smile. "She got you a spot. Take it!" "But you guys saw what happened." Archie reminded the table. Kevin nodded along. "We all did."

"Playing my songs in front of you guys is one thing, but getting back on stage by myself..." Archie shook his head. "I'm not sure if I'm ready for that." "If it's a partner you're looking for, Veronica Lodge is more than willing and able." Veronica proposed. Betty cocked her head. "Veronica, I didn't know you could sing."

The raven haired beauty nodded. "Like a nightingale. But, obviously not as great as Florence. Her voice is like a-" "Like a drop of fresh honey in a sea of wildflowers." Kevin sighed dreamily. The entire table looked over at him as he played with the cap of his small plastic bottle.

"What?" Kevin glared at them. "If you heard her song at the audition you would literally be daydreaming about her voice too." "She auditioned?" Betty asked. "I thought she didn't sing anymore." "Well, we kinda made her do it." Valerie gave them a sheepish grin.

"She sang a song that she wrote about her messed up relationship with her parents." Veronica informed the other three. Kevin hummed. "It was so poetic." Veronica turned back to the redhead beside her. "If Florence can open herself up like that on stage, you can too. What do you say, Archiekinz?"

Archie thought about it for a moment before a smile graced his face. A chuckle left his lips and he nodded. "But only if you stop being mad at me." "Oh, Archie." Veronica tsked. Everyone at the table looked away, all of a sudden finding something else more interesting that the conversation they were currently having.

"C'mon guys." Archie groaned and dropped his head to the table. "I mean, we love you Arch." Betty spoke up. "But what you did..." "I hate you." Kevin answered, not caring about the looks he was getting today. "I'm surprised Florence doesn't, but when she forgives you, I will too." Veronica hummed in agreement.