13 | jealousy or ego

CHAPTER 13

_____________________

Florence got a frantic call from Cheryl that night, blabbering about how Betty tried to kill her.

She spent almost an hour trying to convince her that it was nothing more than being defensive. Of course, Florence had to list off the reasons why since her friend wouldn't understand any motive. The next hour was spent gushing over the fact that she finally had someone interested in her that wasn't a complete douche bag. Florence didn't even peep about it to anyone; Cheryl claimed it was her best friend tuition. Florence claimed that that didn't even exist.

The next morning rolled around, even gloomier than the day before. The sun was barely over the horizon when Josie and Florence rode to school. Of course, it was too cloudy to even see the sun at that point.

"So, little miss Holloway got Archie to walk her home."

Josie bumped her hip with her friend as they walked down the school hallway. Melody and Valerie were right on the outside, grinning and making kissy noises at her. Florence rolled her eyes at their behavior, laughing and shoving them away. "Shut up guys." Cheryl probably spilled it to them.

They all waved goodbye to her as they turned and walked in opposite direction. The brunette made her way towards the Student Lounge, seeing as her first period was a free period. Her Timberlands made a hushed padding noise as she trudged down the school hallway.

Turning another corner, her eyes widened in surprise when Cheryl barreled towards her with arms open. They grasped onto her upper arms and shook her. "Betty Cooper is crazy!" "Not this again." Florence pushed herself out of Cheryl's hawk-like grip and continued her way down.

"You should've seen her!" The redhead Blossom twin followed her from behind. "It was like predator instinct." Florence heard a gasp. "What if Betty is the killer?"

"Okay, Cheryl?" She tuned around to face her best friend. "We talked about this last night. She became defensive because you crossed the line." "But she said she was going to 'kill me'." Cheryl countered and reached out to stop Florence. "What else could it have been?"

"Um, I don't know, maybe it's because her sister and Jason dated?" The brunette remembered Cheryl spitting that out drunk one night. Jason was there to defend himself and explain everything. She ended up taking Jason's side, much to Cheryl's dismay.

"Just-" The redhead leaned into her ear and whispered. "Be careful." "As much as I appreciate the concern," Florence rolled her eyes and crossed her arms tightly. "I don't think you have anything to worry about."

"Fine, fine." Cheryl held her hands up and walked towards the end of the hallway, leaning back and shouting. "See you at lunch!" Before disappearing around the corner. Florence shook her head and headed in the opposite direction. In the distance, she saw Betty and Veronica walking together. A smile broke out on her face. "I see that I've missed something!"