28 | one loss is another's gain

CHAPTER 28

_____________________________

Florence walked into the Projector booth with her hands shoved into her pockets.

Jughead turned his head to see the person that belonged to the footsteps rattling against the wooden floor. He gave her a smile and turned his foldout chair to face her. "Didn't like the movie?" "Just came to check in with you." She told him.

Florence walked over and sat on the closest table. "How are you doing? With all that's happening." She motioned to the room around them. Jughead shrugged. "I'm doing a little better. I just wished that there was something I could do to save this place." "I know." Florence whispered, giving him a sympathetic smile. They both continued to talk until Veronica texted her, asking where she was.

The two bid farewell as the brunette walked back to Kevin's truck. Kevin and Veronica were already snuggling close under the plaid blanket. Florence hopped onto the back and settled down on the other side of Kevin. Veronica leaned forward. "Hey, I'm sorry that you're stuck with us tonight."

"That's okay." Florence reached out and grasped her outstretched hand. "There's no place I'd rather be." "Exactly." Kevin confirmed. He wrapped his arm around Florence's shoulders. "Who needs guys anyway when you have me." Florence leaned in to snuggle up with them and reached over to grab some popcorn.

A red car with the Queen Bee herself drove up in front of them and parked. Cheryl got out of the driver side and turned to the three of them. "Make some room, outcasts." To Florence's dismay, she walked over to her side. Veronica squished herself agains the side of the truck so that Cheryl had enough room to climb in. The redhead plopped herself down next to Florence and leaned over her to steal a few bits of popcorn.

The brunette rolled her eyes, but nonetheless let her stay there since no one else objected about her presence. The four sat comfortably with each other as they all swooned over how incredibly good looking James Dean was.

"That hair."

"That jacket."

"Jason always adored the drive-in."

Kevin rolled his eyes and quietly scoffed, giving Veronica an annoyed look. Florence bit her lip. "He did, didn't he." Kevin pursed his lips and squeezed Florence into his side comfortingly. Cheryl let out a breath and subconsciously snuggled closer to the brunette.

The obnoxious laughing behind them from the Southside Serpents grew louder as they all threw stuff at each other. "Southside trash." Kevin mumbled irritably. "They've been doing that since the opening credits." Veronica groaned. Florence and Cheryl peeked over to get a look. All of them wore a signature leather jacket, while many others were tall and buff. No doubt did Florence think that they looked intimidating.

Kevin stood up over the roof and shushed all of them. The group as a whole hissed back in response. He shook his head and sat back down. The way he was treated made Veronica even more angry. She pushed herself up onto her feet and glared at them. "Hey! You know what happens to a snake when a Louis Vuitton heel steps on it? Shut the hell up, or you'll find out!"

Many people at the drive-in started cheering for the raven-haired beauty. Veronica curtsied for everyone and turned around one more time to eye the Serpents before sitting back down. Florence clapped along with them and tapped her friend's knee affectionately when she got back under the blanket.