17 | flowers and cupcakes

CHAPTER 17

______________________

Florence ignored everyone for the rest of the day except the Pussycats.

Josie was the one who found her in an empty class room on the third floor. Florence was on the ground with her back pressed up again the wall and legs curled inward towards her body. Tears were streaming down her face, making her body shake from the violent sobs that racked it.

Josie decided to take her home and keep her company for the rest of the night. Florence, being the stubborn person she was, refused since the Pussycats had band practice. Josie, however, was just as hardheaded as she.

"You are going to get up and let me take you home." Josie told her whilst gripping onto her arm. "Because you are not going to go through this alone again."

The brunette bit her lip and nodded, trying to stop the tears. Josie pulled her into a hug, trying to show how much love Florence had in her life.  The two sat there for a few minutes until the brunette was finally ready to get up and go home.

Josie led her down the most vacant school hallways to prevent anyone from seeing the two of them. Cursing, the lead singer of the Pussycats looked down at her friend with a sympathetic smile. "We're gonna have to go through the Student Lounge."

"Wha-no!" Florence gripped tight onto her arm. "All my friends are in there. Archie is in there."

"If they truly care about you, Flo, then they won't judge you." Josie looked over at the door and then back at her tear-stained friend. Florence took a break and wiped the water from under her eyes. "Make it quick?"

"Make it quick."

Josie placed an arm around Florence's waist before pushing open the door. The majority of the room was empty, since it was already the end of the day. The only people there were sitting in the middle of the room laughing.

Josie paid no attention towards them and tried to hide Florence as much as possible, until Kevin looked over.

"Florence, hey!"

The mention of her name had everyone looking in her direction with smiles on their faces. Veronica waved her over, but her hand soon went limp and a concerned look washed over her face. "Are you okay?"

The brunette was mumbling curse words over and over again. Josie waved them off as they continued their way to the large double-doors. "She's fine." Veronica and Betty exchanged glances as they left the room.

"Do you think it's because of the interrogation?" Bettie questioned and glance back at the two double doors. Jughead nodded in agreement. "I mean, wasn't she close to Jason too?"

"He was like a brother to her." Veronica spoke aloud, remembering what Florence told them a while back. Archie was staring off into space when Kevin pushed him lightly by his fist. "Dude, you've been awfully quiet."

All eyes trained on him as the atmosphere became so quiet that one could hear a pin drop. The redhead cleared his throat and scratched the back of his neck. "Oh, I-uh-I just remember seeing her leave the office really upset."