29 | cold turkey

Hello everyone! I apologize for the hiatus. I've been super busy with school and I haven't been on Wattpad for a while. However, here is the next part finally!! Enjoy. There's more to come :-).

________________________

CHAPTER 29

_____________________________

Florence spent the rest of the weekend sulking in her room.

Archie, Betty, Veronica, and Kevin all tried texting or calling her cell. A few of them stopped by the McCoy household to check up on her. All of them were either ignored or misdirected by Josie.

Florence refused to talk to anyone at first until Josie read some of her texts. The Pussycat went ballistic and fired questions her way about why she and Archie really broke up. Florence knew that the mess that she was roped into wasn't exactly legal to tell everyone at school. But, she told Josie everything. Cheryl was informed later on.

Florence spilled about Archie's affair with Miss Grundy. She explained to her best friend how everyone knew but her. She cried when she revealed that Archie thought of her as some fling. Josie and Cheryl both continued to remain supportive and hugged Florence until her tears dried. 

The brunette skipped the first few days of school so that she could have time off. By the afternoon of the first day, the entire school buzzed about the couple's 'breakup'. Rumors about them eventually surfaced when no one was able to get an explanation why it happened. Only a select few knew the real story and Florence decided it was best to stay that way. Veronica, Kevin, and Jughead were all shocked at the news. Archie was one one that explained to them what really happened that night.

Veronica went off as badly as Josie did, if not worse. She screamed sense into
Archie's floating mind about what he did. Betty bit her lip as she let her friend mangle the other in the use of her large vocabulary and colorful words. The image of Florence's hurt and betrayed face played over and over in her mind. 

Archie was too defeated to even argue back. His heart ripped apart at what he realized he did. He planned on talking to Florence the next day in hopes that he could rekindle some part of their relationship.

Tuesday came by; no sight of Florence. Josie collected the work she needed to do and Cheryl brought back the books from those classes. Archie tried to ask one of them if she was alright, but he was left with a cold shoulder and harsh stares.

On Wednesday, Florence didn't show up to school either. Josie hadn't talked to her since the first day when everyone found out of her and Archie's break up. She tried to open the door, but the brunette didn't bother to get up and open it. Streams of sad music could be heard from the outside.

Thursday rolled around and Josie wasn't having any of this shit.

At 7:00 in the morning, she barged into Florence's room and stripped away the covers. She groaned as Josie turned on the lights. "Get up." Florence scrunched her face up in annoyance and reached down to pull up the covers that quickly evaded her body.

"No more of this Archie bullshit." Josie rummaged through Florence's clothes to find her something to wear for school. "He doesn't deserve you and he isn't allowed to take away your life, so you're going to school." She pulled out Florence's favorite leather jacket and set it aside. "Seriously, get up. Cheryl is coming over to do your make up."