10 | headaches

CHAPTER 10

_______________________________

"Cheryl?!"

Florence tripped and nearly tumbled as she rushed to get towards the edge of the river. Policemen were covering every inch of the scene with yellow tape blocking the shore where Jason's body was found.

As soon as Florence got the text from Kevin, the Coopers sped towards the crime scene with Florence in the back of the car. She texted Cheryl nonstop but the redhead never picked up her phone.

The brunette wrapped the hoodie tighter around her body as she made her way towards her best friend. However, she didn't notice the Andrews and the Lodges standing a few feet away. Mrs. Cooper watched Florence intently, her eyes analyzing every muscle she moved. Betty's mother didn't like the fact she was associated with the Blossoms. Maybe I can get her to see who they really are. She thought to herself.

The brunette froze a few feet away from Cheryl when her eyes met with the bloated body of Jason Blossom. His eyes looked so soulless and empty. A bullet hole ripped through the skin on his forehead, showing bits of his decaying brain.

Florence felt like she forgot how to breathe. Cheryl gripped her arm and shook it, but the brunette continued to stare at the horrific sight of her best friend's brother floating in the water.

Seeing Jason's body all of a sudden brought everything back up from being pushed down, including the contents of her stomach.

A hand touching her shoulder made Florence jump and quickly shut her locker. "Whoa there." Josie held up her hands and readjusted her leather backpack. "Are you okay?"

"Fine." The brunette quickly walked away from her and down the other side of the hallway. She felt as if the entire school was observing her every move. Florence only wore a pair of ripped jeans and her oversized hoodie. Her skin crawled as she kept her head facing the floor.

Betty tried texting her a few times to ask if she was going to sit with her at lunch today. Cheryl left five voicemails on her phone. Kevin, Veronica, and Archie tried texting to ask if she was okay. None of them she bothered to reply.

As soon as the first bell rang, Florence knew that the announcements were going to start. That's where Cheryl was at that moment. Running to the bathroom, she locked herself in one of the stalls and banged her head against the wall. "How will I get through today?" Florence asked herself.

_____________

A putrid smell mixed of death and Clorox wipes filled the air as Florence stepped into Biology class.

"Seats everyone!" The teacher walked into the class a little later than usual. "Pair up, gloves on, scalpels out!" Immediately, voices shouted out to call the person of their choice.

"Can I be with Cheryl?"

"I'm with Betty!"

Florence slowly walked to the front of the class and took a seat in front of Cheryl. She slowly let her bag drop to the floor and she reached out for the latex gloves. Her stomach dropped when she remembered it was dissection day.