Chapter 12: Alzheimers

Start from the beginning

The only seat in the car was next to Momo and Chaeyoung, so I quickly hopped in and squeezed myself in between the girls.

The seats were like this;

Seokjin was driving while Jihyo was in the passenger's seat. Behind them in the row of 4 seats Sana and Tzuyu sat next to each other, in the middle was Nayeon and Jeongyeon beside her. At the last row of seats I was sitting in the middle, on my left was Momo and Chaeyoung on my right while Mina sat next to the shortest.

"So where are we heading?" Seokjin spoke starting the engine. Everyone stayed quiet for a bit in order to think of places we could go.

Not long after Nayeon squealed "Are you guys up for a sleepover?" the girl enthusiastically said "All 8 of us can drop at my house while Momo and Jin-ssi do their thing" she laughed wiggling her eyebrows.

"Sounds good" everyone said apart from Jihyo, who seemed too absorbed on her phone.

"Unnie?" Tzuyu spoke, apparently too loud for Jihyo who jumped up from her seat.

"OH GOD WHAT?" she screamed and everyone bursted into laughter.

"Nayeon-ssi suggested we have a sleep over at her house" Jeongeyon repeated while Nayeon looked at the brunette with puppy eyes waiting for her response.

"It's funny that we are all in our 20s but still need jihyo's approval to do something" Chaeyoung laughed from the back.

"Yeah whatever you guys want" Jihyo replied, turning her attention back to her phone and continued texting.

"Yay~" Nayeon chimed throwing herself onto Jeongeyon in excitement.

Not long after, the whole car was filled with giggles and more catching up. We haven't talked in years, after all.

But for some reason I couldn't really concentrate in the conversation as I found my self stealing glances at Momo's direction.

Her laugh and smile still looking too familiar.

[...]

Momo's P.O.V (Point Of View)

We stumbled back to Seokjin's place and plopped down on his couch as soon as we entered the house.

"So how do you find Dahyun?" he asked turning to face me.

"She's a cutie" I laughed and he nodded while his fingers intertwined with mine.

"I didn't know you were in the same class" he said grazing my knuckles with his fingers.

"I just too remembered" I spoke moving to sit on his lap.

"I thought you were gonna hate her" he said his expression showed concern.

"Why would I?" I chuckled and pecked his cheek.

"Because people at school thought she was full of her self, you know because of our mom and stuff"

"Ah yes I remember people saying that a lot back then, but I didn't care" I said and his expression softened. "I thought she was cool because she had already made up her mind on what she wanted to do with her life and wasn't afraid to show it nor take the big step and move out of the country to do so" I spoke and he caressed my cheek, his big hands cupping my face.

"Thank god there are people like you. She went through a lot" he sighed.

"I know, I'm sorry" I said locking eyes with him.

"How is work?" I quickly change the subject attempting to lift his mood up.

"It's actually going great! My friend Namjoon is helping me a lot lately" he chimed pecking my lips.

"I'm glad, Jinnie. Just don't overwork yourself okay?" I whispered by his ear playing with his hair.

"I'm not a baby, Momo. I know" he whined playfully pushing me off his lap.

"Yeah whatever babyyy~" I made fun of him whilst sitting up from the couch.

"I'm pretty tired I'll head to bed. Are you joining?" I said yawning as he sat up too, hovering above me.

"No I'm gonna stay up a little bit more, maybe have a drink or something" he replied gently moving my bangs away and kissing my forehead.

"Yuck! Go away you alcoholic!" I joked, pecking his lips once more.

"Yeah right" he rolled his eyes "There is stuff for you to wear and towels if you want to wash up before bed" he said from the kitchen and I blew him a kiss, moving upstairs.

[...]

I got out of the shower and dropped my towel to the ground so I can dress up. I notice a mirror in my boyfriend's room and stand in front of it, examining my body. I sigh as I spot the still noticable scar from the surgery I had years ago, the memory of the accident that resulted in me failing to make my dream come true, making my heart ache.

I put on a random sweater I found on the closet and plopped on the bed. The intoxicating smell of the material reminding me Dahyun's vanilla scent and I closed my eyes, weirdly finding comfort in her scent.

My head touched the pillow and my eyes remain shut, the image of the younger never leaving my mind.